Discipline for send agains.

Thegameisrigged

My center manager is starting to write people up for "too many send agains." He wants you to alternate deliver or go back for a second attempt on the first day. Could this be grieved as over supervision/harassment?

Thegameisrigged

Of 265 pieces, I might average about 9 send agains. Of those 9, it's either a signature required, adult signature required, or unsecured apartment complexes.

Indecisi0n

They tried that here. I would literally re run my entire route re attempting every send again after I finished. After a few days of 3 hours over they told me to stop it.

Last edited:

dirtdog

I would ask your center manager if he is instructing you to reattempt, or if he is asking you to. There is a difference. If being instructed, go back and reattempt. Then show 3 hours late. If not, tell him you will try, don't reattempt, punch out, and go home.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would ask your center manager if he is instructing you to reattempt, or if he is asking you to. There is a difference.

Technically ?

Sure.

If being instructed, go back and reattempt.

Yep.

If being instructed, go back and reattempt. Then show 3 hours late.

Work now and grieve later.

(unless it involves your immediate safety)

It will take, as long as it takes.

Don't try and "manufacture" the time it takes to do it.

Tell him you will try, don't reattempt, punch out, and go home.

No.

Not even close.

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

I almost started a thread to ask if the send agains were a flavor of the month anywhere else and not just in my center. I guess I have the answer now. :)

Being on the 9.5 list helped but I still had to re-attempt some.

JL 0513

I can't believe how ridiculous this is. Never hear a thing about send agains in my center. If you do a city route, you're going to have a lot of send agains. Although now, many go to Access Points which have significantly reduced send agains.

Re-attempting send agains on the same day actually costs the company more [generally] than to re-deliver the next day in trace. More time and miles to break away same day and go all the way back to an area you already did.

Then there's the added pressure of perhaps DR'ing something that shouldn't be DR'd. Then when tracers go way up, then what?

Thegameisrigged

So true. Ya can't argue that point to these people though. They want you releasing unsecured apartment complexes. They want you going to multiple alternate addresses trying to get rid of packages which would also add to the cost because of time wasted, especially when you still can't get rid of the package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So true. Ya can't argue that point to these people though. They want you releasing unsecured apartment complexes. They want you going to multiple alternate addresses trying to get rid of packages which would also add to the cost because of time wasted, especially when you still can't get rid of the package.

The triangle method still applies with or without Orion.