Discipline for send agains.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by wooferjay, Jul 24, 2015.

1. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

My center manager is starting to write people up for "too many send agains." He wants you to alternate deliver or go back for a second attempt on the first day. Could this be grieved as over supervision/harassment?

2. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

So, how much bonus are you making a week?

3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

How many you average a day? How many total stops?

4. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

They tried that with us once. 9.5 grievances went through the roof.

5. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

About 175/180. About 30 min bonus a day. I take my whole hour lunch. And I am on the 9.5 list. I just don't abuse it like some guys.

6. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

I have a real ayehole of a center manager. I don't see any real discipline for send agains.

7. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

Of 265 pieces, I might average about 9 send agains. Of those 9, it's either a signature required, adult signature required, or unsecured apartment complexes.

8. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Discipline for not working as directed.

9. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

So that would amount to a grievance.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

They tried that here. I would literally re run my entire route re attempting every send again after I finished. After a few days of 3 hours over they told me to stop it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  11. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

lol. I guess I'll have to do the same thing. It'll become a 9.5 issue then.

12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Heard that one about a month ago in my building ....different ctr.......laughed myself out the door

13. dirtdog

dirtdog New Member

I would ask your center manager if he is instructing you to reattempt, or if he is asking you to. There is a difference. If being instructed, go back and reattempt. Then show 3 hours late. If not, tell him you will try, don't reattempt, punch out, and go home.

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Technically ?

Sure.

Yep.

Work now and grieve later.

(unless it involves your immediate safety)

It will take, as long as it takes.

Don't try and "manufacture" the time it takes to do it.

No.

Not even close.

-Bug-

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I almost started a thread to ask if the send agains were a flavor of the month anywhere else and not just in my center. I guess I have the answer now. :)

Being on the 9.5 list helped but I still had to re-attempt some.

16. unsecured1

unsecured1 New Member

Don't driver release one day and they will love your 9 send agains

17. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

I can't believe how ridiculous this is. Never hear a thing about send agains in my center. If you do a city route, you're going to have a lot of send agains. Although now, many go to Access Points which have significantly reduced send agains.

Re-attempting send agains on the same day actually costs the company more [generally] than to re-deliver the next day in trace. More time and miles to break away same day and go all the way back to an area you already did.

Then there's the added pressure of perhaps DR'ing something that shouldn't be DR'd. Then when tracers go way up, then what?

18. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

orion has stopped this

19. wooferjay

wooferjay Member

So true. Ya can't argue that point to these people though. They want you releasing unsecured apartment complexes. They want you going to multiple alternate addresses trying to get rid of packages which would also add to the cost because of time wasted, especially when you still can't get rid of the package.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The triangle method still applies with or without Orion.