Discipline for send agains.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If he is willing to indirect after the 3rd try why not do it on the 1st or 2nd?
I'm sure they'd rather have it left with a neighbor than RTS'd, but like I said, many people nowadays don't know their neighbors.
Not everyone is president of their HOA.

I'd rather get my packages a day later than have to deal with the weirdo who lives next door to me.

JL 0513

Signature required pkgs can be indirected.

Adult signature required pkgs cannot.

When I have to go to 3 houses looking for someone willing to sign for a package, does it count as three stops? No? Then why the hell would I do it? Do this several times a day and it's like doing 8 un-credited stops and you have to answer why you're way over.

But aside from that, I'd feel extremely awkward knocking on neighbors's doors and asking, "hey, do you know so and so across the street? would you mind signing for this?" And then hope the the consignee actually gets their package. Most people barely talk to neighbors these days. Why would we trust neighbors?

fastlearner

My center manager is starting to write people up for "too many send agains." He wants you to alternate deliver or go back for a second attempt on the first day. Could this be grieved as over supervision/harassment?

Work as directed, after you go over 9.5 enough times file a grievance. Do you have orion in your center? If you do that should stop him immediately, if it doesn't tell him you want documentation for his directive signed,dated and witnessed(steward). Anytime they want you to deviate from the methods ask for documention directing you so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Work as directed, after you go over 9.5 enough times file a grievance. Do you have orion in your center? If you do that should stop him immediately, if it doesn't tell him you want documentation for his directive signed,dated and witnessed(steward). Anytime they want you to deviate from the methods ask for documention directing you so.

Orion does not prevent you from reattempting send agains.

I had a CC/MO COD for one of my regulars yesterday. He asked me if I could try again in the afternoon. I said yes and got rid of it while doing pickups.

fastlearner

I had a CC/MO COD for one of my regulars yesterday. He asked me if I could try again in the afternoon. I said yes and got rid of it while doing pickups.

The purpose of orion is to cut down on excessive miles, it adjusts the dol on the fly. After your bosses boss sees your mileage increase, your manager will receive an mail from Atlanta about your excess mileage and ask for a reason why. Its his problem now. Always put it in their lap.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The purpose of orion is to cut down on excessive miles, it adjusts the dol on the fly. After your bosses boss sees your mileage increase, your manager will receive an mail from Atlanta about your excess mileage and ask for a reason why. Its his problem now. Always put it in their lap.

I drive by that stop in the afternoon.

Nice try, thanks for playing.

JackStraw

If I am told to go back it is an additional stop.
Kinda gray area there bro. If they wanted too, they can get you for dishonesty. Not saying that they would, but they could. Personally, they make me go back, they're gonna have to pay. With Orion, a lot of times I have to go in the middle of the truck for 4 pieces and find only three. Of course I'll find it later and have to go back. I dup that stop also.