Discounts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jamie49, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

K, so I'm new to all of this. Ha, to UPS, forums, discounts.. So on. I might even be on the wrong "thread". But I'm trying to figure out how to get our 22% off with Verizon. They want an email confirmation for UPS at the store..? How do I do that?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Show them your pay stub.

3. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

You can't. As far as I'm aware, only FT supervisors and above get @ups.com emails.

Go to UPSers instead, and click on the HR & Benefits tab. Find the Employee Discounts link, and have a look around. I think the Verizon discount is probably going to be at the BenefitHub marketplace.

4. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

That's all I have to do? Lol, that's what I thought. What about the email from ups?

5. UpstateNYUPSer

All you have to do is show them your pay stub and/or company ID.

6. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

Ok. I'll try and find it again. Thanks!

7. Go to the Verizon store and show them your ID
    The 22% discount is off the primary line only

8. UpstateNYUPSer

25% on accessories.

9. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

That works too, I guess. I kind of thought that you would have to go through the BenefitHub site for anything that they have on there.

The only time an ID card has gotten me a discount was at Red Wing...and that was my Teamsters card, not UPS.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

I try to use it all the time. Hotels are most likely to give the discount. Restaurants---not so much.

11. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

Ha, how do I get these cards?

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Are you a PTer?

13. LP will issue you one.

14. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

No, I'm a ground driver but just got out of my packet. And out of a small center with only 5 drivers. None of them use many benefits so they don't know a lot when it comes to that.

15. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

I get 20 percent off att. I used the discount on a new car before too. the only things I ever used it on. most of the time I just showed them my paycheck.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Go to your local VZW store or call their customer service.

17. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

How do I get an ID card?

18. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Contact your union hall for the Teamster one. It's possible not all locals issue them. I got mine automatically in the mail once I finished paying the initiation fee.

I don't know if it's the same, but I've gotten a couple of really good deals on hotels through BenefitHub as well. Only works if you book in advance, though.

19. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

I never used an id card for anything. Maybe he though

20. Jamie49

Jamie49 New Member

Cool. Thanks for the help guys!