Disgusted Union Members = Trump Vs. Hillary

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But where is this phantom job? Am I going to split my job and take half a wage so that everyone can work?
I honestly can't say I know anyone that wants a job that doesn't have one.

I've never in my life looked more than 2 weeks for a job. Sometimes it ain't pretty but it's a job.

Ms.PacMan

Maybe the government could make a deal with some of the companies . They could have them do customer call centers from their own home. No excuses that I don't have transportation or my back hurts.

Get them used to working and gradually cut back there benefits.

Corporations are already asking for govt hand outs to train employees in a trade instead of training employees themselves.

They do this now. It's called welfare to work and was a bill introduced by GW and finally passed by congress when Clinton was president.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Corporations are already asking for govt hand outs to train employees in a trade instead of training employees themselves.

They do this now. It's called welfare to work and was a bill introduced by GW and finally passed by congress when Clinton was president.

It is cheaper in the long run for all involved, including the taxpayers.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Next generation born year after year. After 2 years they can re-apply. Never ending cycle. Why work when the government give them all they need. Which is why the democrats appeal to those demographics. Here depend on the government
Its free. Which is why the middle class is disappearing
It's also part of the reason our infrastructure is falling apart.

We only have a certain amount of money available for roads, bridges, parks and airports unless we print more money because we are gIving our money to the career welfare bums.

Ms.PacMan

What are our other options?
The options are to create jobs which would ultimately lower wages (because we all know that corporations and shareholders are not giving up their wages/dividends).

Or as Brownslave pointed out - breaking the cycle with welfare children which requires intervention from the rest of society and govt spending on social programs.

The amount spent on welfare is insignificant compared to the rest of the budget.

10 point

In the 1990s we were told that UPS was the largest employer of welfare-to-work employees in the US. I'm not quite sure how well that worked out... at $8 an hour.

The options are to create jobs which would ultimately lower wages (because we all know that corporations and shareholders are not giving up their wages/dividends).

Or as Brownslave pointed out - breaking the cycle with welfare children which requires intervention from the rest of society and govt spending on social programs.

The amount spent on welfare is insignificant compared to the rest of the budget.
Number one...I don't care how small the amount of money is. It is not fair to the est of us.

Number two...if you don't participate in society, you don't deserve to get anything.

Number three we can't keep sweeping the problems under the rug.

More to follow later. I can only be so serious on a Sunday .

gman042

Been around the block a few times
What the hell are you smoking , Republicrats make up the majority of the house and the Senate. Have a great weekend my Union family .

My mistake.
I think you use the term "Republicrats" wisely. The Democrats hate Trump. The Republicans do not like Trump. The effects would be the same as having a Democratic Congress. Trump will be able to accomplish nothing. Checks and balances will work against him.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My mistake.
I think you use the term "Republicrats" wisely. The Democrats hate Trump. The Republicans do not like Trump. The effects would be the same as having a Democratic Congress. Trump will be able to accomplish nothing. Checks and balances will work against him.
You mean the author of THE ART OF THE DEAL won't be able to make deals with congress?

Do tell.