Dishonest conduct

Whargoul

So, I had a dilemma today that's left a sour taste in my mouth. There is a vet driver that has not been sheeting misloads during peak because he does not want to deliver them. Today he called me and told me he had 1 misload for me that he left at a business. So instead of just delivering it he had me drive over there and when I got there I saw about 6 packages left there in the receiving area plus the 3 he left for me. I checked a few of these packages and some were businesses on his route that it looks like he failed to deliver or just didn't want to go back for. I ended up telling my sup about it when I clocked out. I feel bad I had to snitch but I'm missing around 5 packages everyday off my truck that are never scanned in by anyone. I'm working 12 hours days making sure everything on my truck is scanned and delivered and this guy is trying to hide packages. I help this guy with his NDA's everyday too. I know he was suspended for forging signatures this summer.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
So, I had a dilemma today that's left a sour taste in my mouth. There is a vet driver that has not been sheeting misloads during peak because he does not want to deliver them. Today he called me and told me he had 1 misload for me that he left at a business. So instead of just delivering it he had me drive over there and when I got there I saw about 6 packages left there in the receiving area plus the 3 he left for me. I checked a few of these packages and some were businesses on his route that it looks like he failed to deliver or just didn't want to go back for. I ended up telling my sup about it when I clocked out. I feel bad I had to snitch but I'm missing around 5 packages everyday off my truck that are never scanned in by anyone. I'm working 12 hours days making sure everything on my truck is scanned and delivered and this guy is trying to hide packages. I help this guy with his NDA's everyday too. I know he was suspended for forging signatures this summer.
Bro, TMI.............

You could always say something to your steward. He might be able to give the guy a pep talk. Sometimes I've found the pep talk doesn't help some runners who know it all though.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Lazy sloppy drivers will always eventually get caught.
If it wasn't you today, it would be someone else tomorrow.
There's an unwritten rule about drivers getting drivers in trouble, but he put you in a position where these packages were just left there.
Better you bringing it up then an irate customer.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You could always say something to your steward. He might be able to give the guy a pep talk. Sometimes I've found the pep talk doesn't help some runners who know it all though.
I'm sure the steward will hear about it tomorrow, LOL.
I don't like the idea of telling management, but this lazy driver put Whargoul in a tough spot.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm sure the steward will hear about it tomorrow, LOL.
I don't like the idea of telling management, but this lazy driver put Whargoul in a tough spot.
I don't like the idea of telling management either.

I would of likely given the guy a phone call or came early to talk to him the next day. Tell him the buck stops here you know what's going on and this is your 1 warning. Next time you tell management.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't like the idea of telling management either.

I would of likely given the guy a phone call or came early to talk to him the next day. Tell him the buck stops here you know what's going on and this is your 1 warning. Next time you tell management.
I have had situations like this earlier in my career. It was actually younger runner gunner driver who would call the oms and tell them to message me to pick up the pkgs at a certain location. I did not rat them out. I confronted them personally about it and let them know not to do it again.

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't EVER let any other drivers take advantage of you like that. You should have left his businesses at some random stop on your route and then called him to tell him where to go pick them up.

Drivers that hide misloads like that are scumbags and won't hesitate to screw someone over. This thread is proof of that.

wayfair

swollen member
block his number... winner

Whargoul

I'll clarify that I didn't take the other packages he left I just took the ones on my route so they are most likely still sitting there, which is what I told my sup. Thank you for the comments, I was curious to see what other drivers opinions would be.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Personally, I'd never snitch another driver out, but that's just me. Like someone said earlier, I'd be more apt to tell him how the cow eats the cabbage and to never do that again. On the other hand, it's an easy way to move up in center seniority.

35years

Gravy route
Since he called you, I would just call him back and read him the riot act along with explaining that you had no intention of taking any boxes except your own. I would never rat out another driver to management unless someone could actually get hurt.