Dishonest Pickups

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If the pickup window is so important then why don't any of our pickup accounts know about it? If the window is 4:29 to 4:59 then i should be able to leave at 5 and say too bad. Another example of people making the rules without a clue.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Stop completing anything when you aren't actually there is dishonesty, including but not limited to, call tags, driver follow up, packages, OCAs, ect. It's really simple guys, follow how they want it done as if someone was in the jumpseat, because with technology today, they might as well be. You get paid by the hour, if they want pickup compliance you make it even if that means breaking off and coming back. Use their own words against them, they can't do a thing to you if you're doing what they ask by the correct methods.

S

serenity now

we fired a driver recently for doing just that, except he forgot to actually make the pickup, and then derped hard and admitted he did that to me when i asked him about why there were no pieces from that pickup (like usual)

we fired a driver? really? you and the center manager?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Scanning an air and then driving to it and stop completing after 10:30 is a big big no no now. Use to it was encouraged. Now with GPS there is a guy in a cubical watching things like this and you can be fired for it.

All you have to say is that you could not find the air.
You found it and wanted to stay off the radar, like a good soldier

And god forbid, the consignee bitches that the air is 2 minutes late, void it and rescan as a late air.

If you do this everyday, then you are an idiot and should manage your time better
If it happened once a year, you are fine

Notretiredyet

Better to have late air or early/late pickup than falsifying records period. One is a possible warning notice, other you could be out the door. No brainer.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the +/- 15 first became an issue I made sure to close them out within the window to stay under the radar. I then started closing them out at the pickup stop which put me back on their radar. After repeated discussions I decided that this is one battle that is not worth fighting and I have gone back to 100% compliance. Most of the time it is not an issue as I am at the pickup stop within the window but on those days when I am running late I will close the stop out in the DIAD within the +/-15 and edit the stop when I make the pickup. If I am running early I will take my lunch so as not to make my pickups early.

If you are going to do this I suggest that you not make the pickups early and then complete the pickup at a later time. If anything try to make your pickups at or after their scheduled time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know alot of people that close out there pickups within the 15 minute window and go to them later, however I've never actually seen anyone fired for this. I'd imagine that it is considered dishonesty regardless of whatever reason that one may have, but if management wanted to could they find out where you closed out said pickup? Whether it was in the actual area of the pickup location or not?
Yes it is dishonest. Yes it is falsifying records. Yes management could easily find out. Yes you could get fired for it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Goodness I hope they never check where I am when I close out a pickup. LOL. I have several pickups that text me if they have something or not. Sometimes I'm on the other side of my route when I stop complete them.
That's not fair to the customer. If you stop complete you are acknowledging that you were there and the customer gets charged because you were there. If I have a customer that calls me and tells me they don't have anything I don't stop complete. You should get your customers switched over to a smart PU. Save them money and save you a headache.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I make them every day in the window,even if if i have to drive 5 miles each way to do so. Easy money! I have 2 pick ups that are an hour apart,right across the street from each other ,next to where i like to eat lunch. easy is good!
I agree. I try to be 100% compliance with my PU's everyday. 3 dailies plus a DDU at my post office on occasion. DDU 3pm, PU#1 @ 4pm, #2 @ 430pm and #3 @ 5pm. It's a game to me. And I strive to be #1 on the compliance list every day.

Re-Raise

I have my ONS change my log every day depending on the load. Always in the window. :-)

That is exactly the reason I don't care about the window. The pickup times in the board are different based on how many routes we run.

It has nothing to do with helping the customer by being consistent with the pickup times. I have pickup times that change by 2 hours based upon whether my route is on, or combined with another route.

You can tell there are no big fires burning at your center if they get down the list far enough to mention the pickup window compliance.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not fair to the customer. If you stop complete you are acknowledging that you were there and the customer gets charged because you were there. If I have a customer that calls me and tells me they don't have anything I don't stop complete. You should get your customers switched over to a smart PU. Save them money and save you a headache.

I agree with switching them over to a smart p/u----I have 3 of those; however, I don't agree with you when you say "don't stop complete". The customer gets charged whether you are there or not---$20/week (sliding scale). What do you when you punch out and it says you still have work in EDD?

Indecisi0n

I agree with switching them over to a smart p/u----I have 3 of those; however, I don't agree with you when you say "don't stop complete". The customer gets charged whether you are there or not---$20/week (sliding scale). What do you when you punch out and it says you still have work in EDD?

There are a few scheduled pickups that I was told not to go to anymore on a certain route but its still in the board. I don't complete them because I don't go to the pickup. At the end of the night Diad asks "finish scheduled pickups?" And I just hit no and sign off.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you did your job correctly you don't have work left in EDD. In our center if you get to a stop and you can't locate the package that's in EDD, we send in a message stating "xxxxx not found" at the location. If you have a call tag you didn't obtain when you left the building, that's on you. If the call tag wasn't printed, that's in them, either way it's "not found" at the delivery location.

If at any point I don't go to a pickup for any reason, I don't stop complete it, I leave it in the board.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
There are a few scheduled pickups that I was told not to go to anymore on a certain route but its still in the board. I don't complete them because I don't go to the pickup. At the end of the night Diad asks "finish scheduled pickups?" And I just hit no and sign off.
Those pickups should be taken out of the board if they aren't valid, that's one of our responsibilities to ensure the pickup log is correct. Now if they fail to take them out after you notify them, that's another story.

Indecisi0n

Those pickups should be taken out of the board if they aren't valid, that's one of our responsibilities to ensure the pickup log is correct. Now if they fail to take them out after you notify them, that's another story.

I tell them one time and one time only.

jaker

trolling
If I drive by and no pick up sign I stop complete

If I make contact of any kind I stop complete

If I do not do that pick on certain days I leave it open , I have a Von's pickup and only on Monday's the rest of the week I leave it open