Dishonest sups due you have one?

Dishonest sups, i know of two , making backroom deals, so due you have one?
Had one call me and tell me if the center manager asks you , if i did a safety ride with you tell him i did. the center manager never asked but if he is doing that with me, how many more drivers is he doing it with ?

trickpony1

Falsifying safety rides is probably worse than the account executive falsifying customer contacts.
I've seen AE's walked out the gate for falsifying customer visits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dishonest sups, i know of two , making backroom deals, so due you have one?
Had one call me and tell me if the center manager asks you , if i did a safety ride with you tell him i did. the center manager never asked but if he is doing that with me, how many more drivers is he doing it with ?

Just curious, what would you have said had the center manager asked you about the safety ride?

Have a ft sup in one of the outbounds that continually disregards a building wide policy on mandating all trailers that hub workers are in be flagged to prevent being pulled off mistakenly. Last night there were 40 trailers that were unflagged yet had hub people in them working. This guy has had more than one safety issue he has been called out on and yet he always finds a scapegoat to hide behind. If anyone ever gets killed they will have a heck of a lawsuit based on his track record of negligence.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A better question would be, do you know an honest sup or manager?

Yes.

99.9% of the managment people I have dealt with over 24 years have been what I would call "wallet honest", meaning that if I dropped my wallet on the floor in their office they would return it to me the next day and all of my money would still be in it.

These same people, however, would turn around and lie to me in a heartbeat if they were instructed to do so by their superiors. I can forgive them for that, especially if we are talking about a 53 year-old on-car sup whose only goal is to try and keep from getting fired for the next 2 years so that he can retire with his medical benefits intact. I call that "survival" dishonesty and for me it belongs in a completely different moral category than the "I want to get promoted" dishonesty that is the hallmark of the gung-ho corporate climber who will screw anybody over in order to get a raise. Both types of dishonesty are wrong of course, but the former is merely regrettable while the latter is utterly contemptible.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have a ft sup in one of the outbounds that continually disregards a building wide policy on mandating all trailers that hub workers are in be flagged to prevent being pulled off mistakenly. Last night there were 40 trailers that were unflagged yet had hub people in them working. This guy has had more than one safety issue he has been called out on and yet he always finds a scapegoat to hide behind. If anyone ever gets killed they will have a heck of a lawsuit based on his track record of negligence.
cachsux,

How would the ft sup's track record effect a law suit ?

Employers cannot be sued for negligence in Illinois.

You should report this unsafe work practice immediately.

This supervisor should be fired if he or she is unwilling to follow local and/or corporate safety policy.

Sincerely,
I

cachsux,How would the ft sup's track record effect a law suit ?Employers cannot be sued for negligence in Illinois.You should report this unsafe work practice immediately.This supervisor should be fired if he or she is unwilling to follow local and/or corporate safety policy.Sincerely,I
Why don't you???

cachsux,

How would the ft sup's track record effect a law suit ?

Employers cannot be sued for negligence in Illinois.

You should report this unsafe work practice immediately.

This supervisor should be fired if he or she is unwilling to follow local and/or corporate safety policy.

Sincerely,
I

You think we haven`t in the past? You think we`re not going to in the future? And yet the management that knows about this incompetent clown continue to allow him to keep his job. And therein is the liability across the board. And when someone gets hurt we`ll make sure there is no deniability.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All of upstates management team are honest?

Good Lord!!!---if these people would do an abrupt 90 degree turn ol upstate would end up with a broken nose.

I had a couple of co-workers like you. Thankfully they have both retired and moved on. Maybe you should move on as well.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

Who's job is it to flag the trailers? Who's job is it to ensure there is no one in the trailer before pulling it? Should these people disciplined for their infractions?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Who's job is it to flag the trailers? Who's job is it to ensure there is no one in the trailer before pulling it? Should these people disciplined for their infractions?
Who's job is it to make sure that the flags are put on the trailers? That would be the sup!