Dishonesty, falsifying of records

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was told a few years ago to record a misload as no such number in order to hide a missed package.
Not only did I refuse to do so, but I also filed an Article 37 grievance for coercion.
I was never been told to falsify a record again.

reginald95

I was told a few years ago to record a misload as no such number in order to hide a missed package.
Not only did I refuse to do so, but I also filed an Article 37 grievance for coercion.
I was never been told to falsify a record again.

You have to work as directed. You could have been fired for not doing so.

soberups

You have to work as directed. You could have been fired for not doing so.
There are 7 things you can be terminated for in the Western Conference without first going through progressive discipline (warning letter, suspension etc). They include theft, dishonesty, drunk on duty, posession of narcotics, unauthorized passengers, unprovoked assault and malicious destruction of company property. Refusing to falsify a delivery record is not one of those things.

soberups

True but you have to admit that we get a bit more leeway.
In terms of getting terminated I would say we actually get less. Do the math. Firing a 25+ year man and replacing him with a new hire starting 4 years of progression saves the company at least $15,000 the first year alone. Factor in the higher probability of comp claims being filed by a 50 year old versus a 23 year old and the savings are even greater.

Where in the national master agreement do I find literature on contract wording on dishonestly and falsifying records? I've looked all through it and can only find in the supplemental agreement article 17 (a) and that doesn't give the contract definition of dishonesty.

Okay I just found contract wording for dishonesty. national master agreement article 6 section 6. when an act of dishonesty is made with the intent to defraud UPS or one of its customers', or words to that effect.

Last edited:
Where do I find SECTION 2 - S.W.P.R. "The first offense of signing for a package where dishonesty is not proven, will not result in discharge or suspension. The second such offense shall be cause for immediate discharge.

I just wanna see it. Curious as to why its not in the national master agreement. Very interesting how it's only in select states.