Dislocated Finger

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BigBrown609, May 30, 2014.

1. BigBrown609

BigBrown609 Member

Last Thursday I dislocated my finger on the job and was told I had to wait for the insurance company to call me to set up an orthopedic appointment so I could get an mri. Didn't get a call until yesterday and the appointment isn't until Monday. Does liberty mutual always take this long to set these up?
    1401450504563.jpg

2. BigBrown609

BigBrown609 Member

Damn autocorrect got me again. Dislocated finger*

Sent using BrownCafe App

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Looks like a sprain to me. You're fine.

4. BigBrown609

BigBrown609 Member

Oh yeah, when I called my supervisor to tell her what had happened she told me to keep delivering. I told her that wasn't going to happen and she said, "are you serious? You can't work with that? It's just a finger." She was serious

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you stood up for yourself.
    I have a few good come backs to "it's just a finger" for your female sup but it might be offensive for some. I don't want to ruin my image on here.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. She probably would have cut her finger off and kept going?

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

wow….equating your JOB to a GAME…that is LUNACY….or more sarcasm?

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I knew a driver who missed 3 weeks for a splinter in his finger. He eventually quit because he couldn't take the stress. :halfdead: Basically he just didn't want to work after his rich uncle died and left him money.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It is a valid question.

Was he hurt bad enough to not only stop doing what he had to do (work) but also what he enjoyed doing (play)?

I would love to see a poll of how many of us injured ourselves during the day and were able to finish the day. (I have---twice)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Fixed it for you

12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Read again.
    He was not equating a job with a game.
    He was asking an introspective question to help the OP gain perspective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. I've finished the day with some injuries that would normally cause most to drop their load. There is probably a lot of us here, but some have a lower threshold for pain than others. I don't think less of someone for whichever they chose. The way this company fights their employees on injuries I don't blame the guy.

14. Yea but people on this forum some are quick to jump the gun with some members.

15. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Does this forum have a pics rule?

POGTFO

16. BigBrown609

BigBrown609 Member

I would've stopped any sport with that injury. I still have no movement in that joint and it's still swollen and discolored. Wouldn't have been able to put my glove on in softball or be able to hold the bat. And the pain wasn't too much, it was the lack of any movement and the risk of long term damage

Sent using BrownCafe App

17. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

the company would expect you to rub some dirt on it and keep going..of course the actual rubbing of the dirt should be done on *your* time. after all, we wouldn't want your SPORH to drop now.

18. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

.....because some get butt-hurt over nothing

19. That's human nature but why would we want to hurt them. Don't we have enough to deal with in life? We come here for fun and information.

20. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I hope you gave her the finger!