Dislocated Finger

BigBrown609

Last Thursday I dislocated my finger on the job and was told I had to wait for the insurance company to call me to set up an orthopedic appointment so I could get an mri. Didn't get a call until yesterday and the appointment isn't until Monday. Does liberty mutual always take this long to set these up?
1401450504563.jpg

BigBrown609

Oh yeah, when I called my supervisor to tell her what had happened she told me to keep delivering. I told her that wasn't going to happen and she said, "are you serious? You can't work with that? It's just a finger." She was serious

Sent using BrownCafe App

Indecisi0n

Glad to hear you stood up for yourself.
I have a few good come backs to "it's just a finger" for your female sup but it might be offensive for some. I don't want to ruin my image on here.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a driver who missed 3 weeks for a splinter in his finger. He eventually quit because he couldn't take the stress. :halfdead: Basically he just didn't want to work after his rich uncle died and left him money.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

wow….equating your JOB to a GAME…that is LUNACY….or more sarcasm?

It is a valid question.

Was he hurt bad enough to not only stop doing what he had to do (work) but also what he enjoyed doing (play)?

I would love to see a poll of how many of us injured ourselves during the day and were able to finish the day. (I have---twice)

It is a valid question.

Was he hurt bad enough to not only stop doing what he had to do (work) but also what he enjoyed doing (play)?

I would love to see a poll of how many of us injured ourselves during the day and were able to finish the day. (I have---twice)
I've finished the day with some injuries that would normally cause most to drop their load. There is probably a lot of us here, but some have a lower threshold for pain than others. I don't think less of someone for whichever they chose. The way this company fights their employees on injuries I don't blame the guy.

BigBrown609

I would've stopped any sport with that injury. I still have no movement in that joint and it's still swollen and discolored. Wouldn't have been able to put my glove on in softball or be able to hold the bat. And the pain wasn't too much, it was the lack of any movement and the risk of long term damage

Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
the company would expect you to rub some dirt on it and keep going..of course the actual rubbing of the dirt should be done on *your* time. after all, we wouldn't want your SPORH to drop now.