Disparaging comments.

Griff

Don't hide behind the contract here! Are you going to answer my questions or not!

I did answer your question Mr. red bold text. What's so difficult to understand? Want me to hire a deaf and dumb sign language expert to translate for you or what?

Griff

Don't hide behind the contract here! Are you going to answer my questions or not!

The only thing that I get out of your last statement is that you take no responsibility for doing something wrong. This is what real integrity is all about. If you had integrity you would have put the real reason the air was late and dealt with the manager when you got back to the building. Griff - how can you expect someone to respect you if you are not willing to do the right thing?

Oh... I switched it up to bold and blue... if you didn't notice

"Real" integrity as opposed to what...fake integrity? I'm not hiding behind anything, this isn't my company, i'm contracted labor. As many deadbeat managers like to say, we are just the hired help. But now magically the onus falls on me, this coming on the heels of lieguy going on a wimpy tirade about unions and bossing the boss. What a joke.

Take your integrity schtick elsewhere. I could careless what either of you clowns think of me since I hate and don't respect either of you. If my father ever comes to me and questions my integrity and character then I'll start worrying.

UPS Lifer

"Real" integrity as opposed to what...fake integrity? I'm not hiding behind anything, this isn't my company, i'm contracted labor. As many deadbeat managers like to say, we are just the hired help. But now magically the onus falls on me, this coming on the heels of lieguy going on a wimpy tirade about unions and bossing the boss. What a joke.

Take your integrity schtick elsewhere. I could careless what either of you clowns think of me since I hate and don't respect either of you. If my father ever comes to me and questions my integrity and character then I'll start worrying.

I think if your father saw the type of comments you make about hate etc. he would probably be disappointed. I think you know that as well.

You are showing your lack of maturity and character again by using the type of language you used above to try and hurt us. This is what young kids do when they get angry at someone and want to lash out. I am so sorry for you.

ANYWAY - I have my answer - you will not take responsibility for your actions. You will justify what you do by saying that you are hired help and you do not understand the concept of integrity. Thank you for clearing all this up.
:its_all_good:

Keep repeating it, but it won't just magically come true. I've been instructed by my "superiors" many times to defraud a customer. In management's eyes it wasn't bad, it's a numbers game and nothing more. Nobody cares about the person on the other end, you know the person who actually pays for the service. Recently I was ordered to put in NDA stops as weather delay because I didn't get on area until after 1030. I worked as directed, but let my feelings on the issue be known. I filed a grievance over it because I shouldn't have to lie and cheat a customer because my "superior" has numbers to make. You guys wouldn't know integrity if it ran you over in broad daylight.

Griff, How do you know the air wasn't late due to weather? Did you follow it to Louisville and then from Louisville to your truck? UPS is one of the most respected companies on wall street. They came out a week ago and said February's volume was down and if March is like February they could miss the quarter. That shows me it's a company of integrity.

Griff

I think if your father saw the type of comments you make about hate etc. he would probably be disappointed. I think you know that as well.

You are showing your lack of maturity and character again by using the type of language you used above to try and hurt us. This is what young kids do when they get angry at someone and want to lash out. I am so sorry for you.

ANYWAY - I have my answer - you will not take responsibility for your actions. You will justify what you do by saying that you are hired help and you do not understand the concept of integrity. Thank you for clearing all this up.
:its_all_good:

26 or 66, my feelings towards you and lieguy will remain the same. My father knows I'm a grown man and that I have reasons behind what I say and do. If you have a problem with how the contract is written, I suggest you tell your bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses boss not to ink it next time. I'm glad some people in management aren't completely braindead and biased since my integrity was never called into question at the time. Here its being called into question because you, lieguy and others try to take advantage of every possible situation you can find or invent to discredit me on this website. The DIAD messages told the entire story and is a strong testimony of why you should never call the center.

Griff

Griff, How do you know the air wasn't late due to weather? Did you follow it to Louisville and then from Louisville to your truck? UPS is one of the most respected companies on wall street. They came out a week ago and said February's volume was down and if March is like February they could miss the quarter. That shows me it's a company of integrity.

1989 spotted bolstering management and the company, huge shocker. I suggest you actually read my posts before you insert your blind allegiance and worship for the company. You obviously missed the part (magically) where i stated the outcome of this entire thing was the manager got removed.

UPS Lifer

1989 spotted bolstering management and the company, huge shocker. I suggest you actually read my posts before you insert your blind allegiance and worship for the company. You obviously missed the part (magically) where i stated the outcome of this entire thing was the manager got removed.

So the manager was removed because you called him on this. This is the time of the year that a lot of changes occur. I am surprised that your ego is so large that you single handedly was able to have him removed! WOW!

I forgot the contract is the bible and you will hide behind it every chance you get. For example, "my boss told me to put weather delay into the DIAD, the contract says I have to work as directed so I performed a dishonest act against my better judgement because I am weak and must listen to my boss or I will be fired... any way I can blame my dishonest boss for my actions later. It is not my fault.... it is management's fault. I hate all of them!!!" LOL! Isn't this almost word for word what you have been saying!!!

This has been the best entertainment I have had all day. Us retired folks can get bored and I appreciate the laugh. Thanks so much for helping me pass the time. You are a real gem!!!

Griff

So the manager was removed because you called him on this. This is the time of the year that a lot of changes occur. I am surprised that your ego is so large that you single handedly was able to have him removed! WOW!

I forgot the contract is the bible and you will hide behind it every chance you get. For example, "my boss told me to put weather delay into the DIAD, the contract says I have to work as directed so I performed a dishonest act against my better judgement because I am weak and must listen to my boss or I will be fired... any way I can blame my dishonest boss for my actions later. It is not my fault.... it is management's fault. I hate all of them!!!" LOL! Isn't this almost word for word what you have been saying!!!

This has been the best entertainment I have had all day. Us retired folks can get bored and I appreciate the laugh. Thanks so much for helping me pass the time. You are a real gem!!!

I'm glad customers getting the shaft is such a hilarious matter to you. Now you're cutting into my character and claiming that I'm a weak follower because I follow the contract. Have any more management 101 mind games to throw into this thread while you're at it? You're retired and you still can't shake your training and I'm the weak one? Get real, boss.

Does anyone else not see what is going on here? For days I was chastised about being a disruption to the operation, bossing the boss, having authority issues, etc and here comes a story which shows me as letting the boss BE THE BOSS and now my integrity and character are in question. What can I say folks, it's business as usual at UPS, even on the brown cafe.

UPS Lifer

I like your new Avatar. It fits you perfectly! LOL LOL LOL!

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!

You are the one who lied to your customers. Not me! I would NEVER have done that. I would not jeopardize my integrity. I know exactly what to do if I ever had a problem with my boss. I would go to the District HR Manager and take other steps if necessary.

As long as you are right you will never lose your job if someone instructs you to do something wrong!

You are the one cutting into your character by the comments you are making!

The only reason I have gone this far with these posts is to get you to try and see that you need to take responsibility for your actions. But the little kid in you just won't get it.

Griff

I like your new Avatar. It fits you perfectly! LOL LOL LOL!

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!

You are the one who lied to your customers. Not me! I would NEVER have done that. I would not jeopardize my integrity. I know exactly what to do if I ever had a problem with my boss. I would go to the District HR Manager and take other steps if necessary.

As long as you are right you will never lose your job if someone instructs you to do something wrong!

You are the one cutting into your character by the comments you are making!

The only reason I have gone this far with these posts is to get you to try and see that you need to take responsibility for your actions. But the little kid in you just won't get it.

Actually the avatar is fitting, thanks for noticing, it's my nickname in my building. I only wish you stayed long enough at UPS for the chance at seeing why I'm called that. I've actually been identified by someone because of this thread, not like it matters, I have nothing to hide. What you see is what you get.

You're wrong about someone not losing their job as long as they are right. Just ask the mechanic who recently won a settlement from UPS. Not to mention the thousands of teamsters who lose their jobs because of the deep corruption, pocket lining, and backdoor deals that go on between the union and UPS management.

I beat you guys at your own game every single day. What you're doing in this thread is exactly what I've called lieguy out on doing on these forums. You are protecting the company's image at all costs, protecting your fellow managers at all costs and deflecting responsibility and guilt to the hourly employee. In a nutshell, you're working as instructed via your training. I am not a manager, I'm not paid to make decisions. I'm paid to follow instruction and I did exactly that. There's a copy of the contract on this site to the left hand side, I suggest you read it.

BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Last edited:

griff,

You only follow the parts of the contract that benefit you my friend. It's a two way street. You act as if everyone is out to get you. Nothing is ever your fault. You must help to enforce the whole contract. That will give you the integrity you seek.

Griff

griff,

You only follow the parts of the contract that benefit you my friend. It's a two way street. You act as if everyone is out to get you. Nothing is ever your fault. You must help to enforce the whole contract. That will give you the integrity you seek.

Everyone is out to get me, you're one of the many. I help to enforce the contract every day I put on the brown uniform. I'm not here seeking integrity, matter of fact if its true that UPS is a company of integrity -- I don't want integrity, at least not their warped definition of it.

Everyone is out to get me, you're one of the many. I help to enforce the contract every day I put on the brown uniform. I'm not here seeking integrity, matter of fact if its true that UPS is a company of integrity -- I don't want integrity, at least not their warped definition of it.

Then why do you have drivers in their cars before their start times?

Griff

Then why do you have drivers in their cars before their start times?

Because our management team doesn't give a :censored2:. Our local has tried to keep these guys off the cars and it's just in their blood. The same reason why we have guys who skip their lunch and code the entire hour out -- even though we get paid if we don't put the full hour in. I have grieved it I can't tell you how many times and it continues. There is about to be a war in my building and I'm leading the charge.

Don't question where my head is at in regards to the contract. I do not cherry-pick the contract and I'm offended by your accusation. You're speaking to someone who has shown up 4 hours before my start time and replaced managers doing union work. What have you done lately?

pkg-king

Because our management team doesn't give a :censored2:. Our local has tried to keep these guys off the cars and it's just in their blood. The same reason why we have guys who skip their lunch and code the entire hour out -- even though we get paid if we don't put the full hour in. I have grieved it I can't tell you how many times and it continues. There is about to be a war in my building and I'm leading the charge.

Don't question where my head is at in regards to the contract. I do not cherry-pick the contract and I'm offended by your accusation. You're speaking to someone who has shown up 4 hours before my start time and replaced managers doing union work. What have you done lately?

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be 3rd man in here, but I barely have enough energy to do my job correctly, and then find time for the family, those are my 2 priorities on any given day. I can't see where guys like you get their drive to constantly wage a war with the company that you cannot possibly win, you may win a battle here and there, but you'll never win the war. You will expend countless hours in fighting this uphill battle, I'll chose to spend that time with my family. This company is far from perfect, but it is pretty damn good.:peaceful:

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Griff; you are one sick puppy. How did things get so bad in your building? There isn't enough hours in the day to imagine someone coming in 4 hours early! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

How do you grieve the actions of another teamster? In order to get drivers out of their cars and have them record thier lunch properly, you have to work with management and your ba to enforce it. It doesn't sound like management want's to work with you at all. Being at work 4 hours before your start time may be a dot voilation and a violation or ups policy. If you are in a large bldg. there is a ba for the other shifts, you can't be the enforcer. You maybe out of line sneaking around the building for 4 hours before your start time. Do you have a life?

Griff

How do you grieve the actions of another teamster? In order to get drivers out of their cars and have them record thier lunch properly, you have to work with management and your ba to enforce it. It doesn't sound like management want's to work with you at all. Being at work 4 hours before your start time may be a dot voilation and a violation or ups policy. If you are in a large bldg. there is a ba for the other shifts, you can't be the enforcer. You maybe out of line sneaking around the building for 4 hours before your start time. Do you have a life?

I don't grieve the actions of another teamster. I grieve the actions or lack thereof of management to prevent people from working for free in the morning. I don't come in 4 hours early every day, it's too taxing. I typically show up exactly at my start-time, not one minute earlier. But the point is I have done it and will continue to do it, whenever I feel like it and you cannot stop me. As for the rest of what you said, you're clueless.

Don't worry about whether I have a life or not. Just stick to playing the trumpet in the UPS management marching band on this website little buddy. I have more heart than you and all your friends combined.

Last edited:

dillweed

sigh....
work as directed, grieve later UNLESS it is unsafe to work as directed.

Union reps don't want hourlies against hourlies. They will grieve management to straighten the problem out. Right or wrong, it's the way it's done.

Damned arguing, childish sniping at each other and wasted time, both writing and reading this. Anyone making a remark about what someone's father would say is low, very low and ignorant.

Sorry if this offends but also sorry that cyberspace didn't :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:can this thread to behin with.