Disparaging comments.

filthpig

I, personally, have never had management say anything to me I found "offensive". I consider myself the majority. However, I can see where it would happen. I would consider any cursing, assaults on my character (calling me lazy, accusing me of dishonesty, etc) or anything vulgar or intimidating (physically) over the line and would sue the holy :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: out of them for it.

Griff

And I respect the fact you admit to it. Others keep demonstrating the traits while denying they are doing so.

A sniper is one who talks all the pro-union stuff from the back row and does not have the guts to do so face to face with anyone.

Lifer makes the legitimate point that if a certain poster actually did everything he said he does that he would have fired a long time ago. This is a valid point even by your perspective. The evil empire would never let someone ran amok as this certain poster claims without having reigned him in. Therefore the possibility he may be a sniper lobbing grenades from the back row while the poor smucks in the front row die from the shrapnel.

A rarer character trait but not uncommon amongst the hardcore goons. Its kind of like the officers leading the charge from the rear as was common during the years of open field battle tactics.

Legitimate point? What he made wasn't a legitimate point, it was just another petty and gutless attempt to discredit me on this website. However, I'm certainly glad UPS Lifer and lieguy have now publicly admitted that the United Parcel Service systematically targets people for their union involvement. This is exactly what I wanted to hear from the horse's mouth and I have received it, so I thank you. For anyone not knowing the ramifications of these tactics, it's called unfair labor practices and it's very, very illegal. I also think it speaks volumes about UPS Lifer and lieguy's ego and arrogance that they suspect I'm somehow living a double life and that I don't possess the testicular fortitude to confront a *gasp* center manager. Get over yourselves, I make guys like you turn purple and chain smoke outside the building for the rest of the day.

Another thread that ends with deep embarrassment for lieguy, what a shame. UPS Lifer has been castrated and reduced to making things up, who's next?

Edit -- As for the me being fired thing: I have two paper boxes full of grievances, harassment documentation and certified letters that all tell the story about the dark side of brown. Make my day.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Legitimate point? What he made wasn't a legitimate point, it was just another petty and gutless attempt to discredit me on this website. However, I'm certainly glad UPS Lifer and lieguy have now publicly admitted that the United Parcel Service systematically targets people for their union involvement. This is exactly what I wanted to hear from the horse's mouth and I have received it, so I thank you. For anyone not knowing the ramifications of these tactics, it's called unfair labor practices and it's very, very illegal. I also think it speaks volumes about UPS Lifer and lieguy's ego and arrogance that they suspect I'm somehow living a double life and that I don't possess the testicular fortitude to confront a *gasp* center manager. Get over yourselves, I make guys like you turn purple and chain smoke outside the building for the rest of the day.

Another thread that ends with deep embarrassment for lieguy, what a shame. UPS Lifer has been castrated and reduced to making things up, who's next?

Edit -- As for the me being fired thing: I have two paper boxes full of grievances, harassment documentation and certified letters that all tell the story about the dark side of brown. Make my day.

Lifer I took the liberty of highlighting his many fantasies and delusions. One particularly interesting quote is the one about his castrating you. I'm not sure how he equate contract enforcement with physically castrating a management person but I think it may reveal the inner workings of his psychy. Perhaps something he thinks about when confronted by management? In any case it sounds like you may want to wear a cup whenever he is present at a labor hearing.

Griff

Lifer I took the liberty of highlighting his many fantasies and delusions. One particularly interesting quote is the one about his castrating you. I'm not sure how he equate contract enforcement with physically castrating a management person but I think it may reveal the inner workings of his psychy. Perhaps something he thinks about when confronted by management? In any case it sounds like you may want to wear a cup whenever he is present at a labor hearing.

Still accusing me of being a liar, that's fine with me. You're spotted spreading your misinformation again though, sucks to be you. Apparently you know very little about labor law, since you think what I said about those tactics being illegal is a fantasy or a delusion. I'm glad that UPS has such intelligent people in leadership positions, it's no wonder the stock is soaring.

Definition of "unfair labor practice"

The NLRB has the authority to investigate and remedy unfair labor practices, which are defined in Section 8 of the Act. In broad terms, the NLRA makes it unlawful for an employer to:
  • interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of their rights to engage in protected concerted activity or union activities or refrain from them (concerted activity is any activity where two or more employees act in concert to protect rights provided for in the Act, whether or not a union exists),
  • to dominate or interfere with the formation or administration of a labor organization
  • to discriminate against employees for engaging in concerted or union activities or refraining from them,
  • to discriminate against an employee for filing charges with the NLRB or taking part in any NLRB proceedings
  • to refuse to bargain with the union that is the lawful representative of its employees.

UPS Lifer

WOW Grrrrif! You have demonstrated that you can read and know how to quote stuff!

You have disproved your own theory (targeting people for union involvement) if what you say is true. You are still around and wouldn't be if UPS targeted people for union involvement.

It makes my point all that more plausible. You sit in the back row and through grenades.

Why aren't you a BA? You never answered that question. I know that it is hard to hear the questions asked when you sit in the back row.

Take your time making up your answer. I have all day!

tieguy

Banned
Still accusing me of being a liar, that's fine with me. You're spotted spreading your misinformation again though, sucks to be you. Apparently you know very little about labor law, since you think what I said about those tactics being illegal is a fantasy or a delusion. I'm glad that UPS has such intelligent people in leadership positions, it's no wonder the stock is soaring.

Griff lets try to stay focused here. Within the confines of the labor arena things may get a little heated. Why then did you fell it relevant to make a reference to castrating lifer. Did you find the thought somehow sexually appealing. Is the thought of castrating management something you think of often. Why then did you find it relevant to discuss the concept in these discussions about labor issues. Do you have hangups about the size of your body members that cause you to think about castrating management? I mean comon bud you claim to be a big time labor advocate and here you started babbling about castrating management. Why?

Griff

WOW Grrrrif! You have demonstrated that you can read and know how to quote stuff!

You have disproved your own theory (targeting people for union involvement) if what you say is true. You are still around and wouldn't be if UPS targeted people for union involvement.

It makes my point all that more plausible. You sit in the back row and through grenades.

Why aren't you a BA? You never answered that question. I know that it is hard to hear the questions asked when you sit in the back row.

Take your time making up your answer. I have all day!

Demonstrating that I can read and quote important laws that are relevant to me and my coworkers is more than you are bringing to this table. That's right I'm still around, that doesn't mean I haven't been targeted for my union involvement. You have already admitted that UPS systematically targets and attempts to fire people for their union involvement, please stop trying to back pedal out of your statement. Also by admitting that, it's basically an admission of guilt on your part, I have no doubts that you targeted people for their union involvement. It is an illegal practice and you and many members of management think you are immortal and immune to federal laws and regulations. In the same respect it explains why you morons also think you are immune to the contract in which you sign.

I answered his question about becoming a BA in a private message. So please stop making assumptions, this is all you and lieguy do on these boards. I have every intention of running for BA in the future.

Yes I know you have all day, you're retired. If you want to blow some of your nestegg, why don't you come to my building and watch me sit in the back row. 2 coworkers have identified me through this thread, so I'm not that hard to find. I guess they recognized my world renowned grenade throwing tactics, that's surely what makes me stand out like a soar thumb. It certainly couldn't be the fact I'm one of the select few that forces management to stand by what they are legally obligated to do.

Just be glad you're retired and have no chance of being transfered to my building. Count your blessings while you're ahead. Although with how you prance around this board claiming that you did everything by the contract, I guess I wouldn't have any reason to be the way I am...now would I? Follow the contract and I go away, real simple. I've used that quote in grievance hearings many times and management stays silent because they just do not want to follow the contract.

Griff

Griff lets try to stay focused here. Within the confines of the labor arena things may get a little heated. Why then did you fell it relevant to make a reference to castrating lifer. Did you find the thought somehow sexually appealing. Is the thought of castrating management something you think of often. Why then did you find it relevant to discuss the concept in these discussions about labor issues. Do you have hangups about the size of your body members that cause you to think about castrating management? I mean comon bud you claim to be a big time labor advocate and here you started babbling about castrating management. Why?

This is comical. Lieguy talking about staying focused and on topic. I've never seen such irony, thank you for the laugh.

If you have any interest in staying on topic and focused, why don't you answer why you don't know NLRA/NLRB laws like the back of your hand? Why did you think it is perfectly fine for management to systematically target someone and have them fired for their union involvement?

Just one of the many things I've exposed you on and you don't quote it or respond to it. You're embarrassed and a rank amateur when it comes to labor issues. Go bother someone who doesn't know their rights, since that's obviously the type of teamster you are accustom to, you aren't on my level.

Griff,

You can do all the union activity you want on your own time. I believe only a shop steward can be on the clock (sitting in meetings). Ups doesn't care what you do on your time. I think the reason the union doesn't support you in your accusations is because you are wrong. After all if ups goes under so do the teamsters.

Ibt804Hammer

Remember the drill sargent in basic. Kicking your but , cursing and swearing to get your best out of you.

Now we send them to sensitivity training to learn how to coddle the recruits.

watch the ncaa coaches during march madness. You won't see too many speaking softly.

This is a job that pays 8 bucks an hour not the military. The basketball player in which you speak will mostly all be making a tub load of money once they get out of school. One thing you still have to learn is dignity and respect, and dont forget it!

tieguy

Banned
This is comical. Lieguy talking about staying focused and on topic. I've never seen such irony, thank you for the laugh.

If you have any interest in staying on topic and focused, why don't you answer why you don't know NLRA/NLRB laws like the back of your hand? Why did you think it is perfectly fine for management to systematically target someone and have them fired for their union involvement?

Just one of the many things I've exposed you on and you don't quote it or respond to it. You're embarrassed and a rank amateur when it comes to labor issues. Go bother someone who doesn't know their rights, since that's obviously the type of teamster you are accustom to, you aren't on my level.

now griff you did throw out the line about castrating lifer. Now how am I supposed to sit in a meeting with you and discuss the nlrb rules (which overnight pissed on regularly) when you are talking about castrating one of the management members. Griff how does the thought of castrating a management person even enter your mind when discussing labor?
How does it enter your mind for any reason?

tieguy

Banned
This is a job that pays 8 bucks an hour not the military.

the military paid a lot less per hour. what's your point?

The basketball player in which you speak will mostly all be making a tub load of money once they get out of school.

How do you figure about 99 percent never make any money at all?

One thing you still have to learn is dignity and respect, and dont forget it!

The basketball player learns that he gets the dignity and respect when he executes according to the coachs instructions. He earns the dignity and respect. Todays kids think they should get the dignity and respect no matter how poorly they play. Theres something to be said for earning your dignity and respect as i highlighted in my two examples with the military and the coach.

now griff you did throw out the line about castrating lifer. Now how am I supposed to sit in a meeting with you and discuss the nlrb rules (which overnight pissed on regularly) when you are talking about castrating one of the management members. Griff how does the thought of castrating a management person even enter your mind when discussing labor?
How does it enter your mind for any reason?
Come on now Tie, don't try to make anyone here believe that you didn't recognize the castration statement as a metaphor. This whole thing between you and lifer vs. Griff is getting just plain silly. It's gotten to the point that none of y'all can type anything with out the others coming back to flame each other. Griff is just as bad as you two. Now stop it...all of ya.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Come on now Tie, don't try to make anyone here believe that you didn't recognize the castration statement as a metaphor. This whole thing between you and lifer vs. Griff is getting just plain silly. It's gotten to the point that none of y'all can type anything with out the others coming back to flame each other. Griff is just as bad as you two. Now stop it...all of ya.

It's funny to read...no one wins though. In this chat or in the workplace. Both parties lose.

tieguy

Banned

No trpnkl I have proven time and again that there is something wrong with how griff thinks. This so called metaphor is just another example.What if I made some metaphor about killing griff or his family? You guys would be up in arms. you need to show some integrity and answer the point honestly instead of trying to protect griff by giving us the BS play nice speech. Answer this:
What kind of sick puppy has thoughts about someone being castrated.

tieguy

Banned
TRP you guys love beating management about the example they set. Yet here you are trying to protect Griff by covering for him. I see what you are doing. You see the guy is sick and twisted but you are still trying to protect him. I'm calling you out on this. If you have any integrity then you need to speak honestly on this one. I'm not the one making metaphors about dismembering people. Your buddy is. Since you stuck your nose into it you now need to show me that teamster integrity is better then managements. All I see you doing right now is covering up for the guy.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Griff, How do you know the air wasn't late due to weather? Did you follow it to Louisville and then from Louisville to your truck? UPS is one of the most respected companies on wall street. They came out a week ago and said February's volume was down and if March is like February they could miss the quarter. That shows me it's a company of integrity.

To the shareholders! Maybe not to the employees!

TRP you guys love beating management about the example they set. Yet here you are trying to protect Griff by covering for him. I see what you are doing. You see the guy is sick and twisted but you are still trying to protect him. I'm calling you out on this. If you have any integrity then you need to speak honestly on this one. I'm not the one making metaphors about dismembering people. Your buddy is. Since you stuck your nose into it you now need to show me that teamster integrity is better then managements. All I see you doing right now is covering up for the guy.

Tie as you can see alot of us just want to come to work do our job not having our contractual rights violated and go home. If this would happen you would not have anyone on here bashing management.

Look not everyone came into this company as a teamster from another company. We started and worked our way up, and some where along the line we were wronged and became active teamsters.

I have had some very great managers and a couple that were not quailfied to super size an order at mc donalds drive thru, the said thing is these are the guys that get advanced in the company. The days of the people managers are falling by the way side as they are all retireing as in ups lifer, now we are being force feed number guys that have not done this job and have no idea what we go through.

The ups enviroment encourages unionism, because it is a common practice to walk over you until you stand up for yourself, and until you do you will have your rights violated daily.