Dispatch Supervisor Offer

barnyard

KTM rider
Our PT dispatcher was an off the street hire. It took her at least 6 months to learn the job and now that she knows it well, it is really bad when she is gone. Ours is off the clock by 7a, so no drivers ever see her.

overit

Take it from a 26 year mgmt. employee- finish your degree and RUN, do not walk away from UPS. Sorry it took me so long to figure it out. I was a dispatch, on-car, and every other supervisor (full time) for many moons. Only plus was the resume it made for me to go somewhere else.

kingOFchester

I have always said it would be the last job I would want at UPS. You got the center manager telling you what to do. You got IE telling you how many stops per car. You got drivers bitching (rightfully so) about their crazy dispatches. The hours suck. Your forecast comes in wrong more then right resulting in last minute cuts.

I wouldn't take it.

I have been a FT PDS supervisor for almost 2 years and I can honestly tell you that this has been the worst job of my 22 year career. If I had it all over to do I would have stayed a driver way back when. As Overit has said get your degree and run. Just make sure that you look at the tuition reimbursement if you use that because you have to stay with UPS for so many years after you get your degree as a way of payback. If you leave early then can ask for you to pay some of it back. Just my 2 cents

You guys are giving me the warm and fuzzies about this. If it pans out and I get management's approval I'm deffinitely going to take the position. But, I will never say you didn't warn me!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Our Dispatch supervisor is a man I have deeply respected for many years. He was my on car for 7 years , then went on to various other management positions. He has always maintained a high degree of integrity and professionalism,one of the old 'Partners' .He is only a couple of three years from retirement and has been the dispatch supervisor for the past year. He comes in at midnite,and leaves around 11 am- Noon. He started out trying to do add cuts that made sense,decent dispatches,and good routes. Our DM informed him that he would meet a certain stops-per-car every day or he'd find another job. Over the past few months the dispatches have gone to hell, over loaded ,etc ( ya'll know the story,we all live it) and he looks beaten and haggard. It SUX seeing such a good capable supervisor that was always full of fire ground down so badly.
I bumped into him a couple of weeks ago at Mcdonalds. our Grandchildren played together and he told me he was counting the days until retirement,he said the company wasnt the same and he hated and dreaded coming to work every day.
I wouldnt have that job for any amount of money