Dispatchers...

govols019

You smell that?
We never had the clickers. Just a crayon and a sheet of paper taped to the stop count plate at the rear of the car. Hard to keep track of apartments with multiple stops so just add a few marks to cover yourself.

I'd have ten stops on the stop count sheet before the first box hit the truck.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would automatically add 10 or 15 stops to the count every morning. That usually got me in the ballpark. no one cared---not even the preload sup. His only comment if he saw me do it was "you better have that many stops". Yes boss.

9.5er

Our dispatcher has had his job for 10+ years. Still has no idea what he is doing. I quit trying to make sense of the "plan" they load from day to day and just wave at the other drivers as I see them.

PhatAzz

If he doesn't I just tell the pt DPS he said it's ok and they do it

We had a driver that came in an hour early every day and looked at his dispatch. He paid really close attention to the use of the PC. We found he was dispatching his own air and some stops to other drivers on his own from the remote display in the driver check in area. We don't know how long he had been doing it but it was funny as hell that he was doing it without management's knowledge.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver that came in an hour early every day and looked at his dispatch. He paid really close attention to the use of the PC. We found he was dispatching his own air and some stops to other drivers on his own from the remote display in the driver check in area. We don't know how long he had been doing it but it was funny as hell that he was doing it without management's knowledge.

How did he get the password?

Overpaid Union Thug

Get the packages out of the building;
Get the preloaders off of the clock;
Eliminate enough routes to look good on tomorrows report;

Mission accomplished. Go home! The resulting cluster-coitus is now someone else's problem, to deal with, not yours. Sleep easy while your mess is being cleaned up, hopefully you can go in and make an even bigger one tomorrow!
Awesome and accurate description but you forgot an essential step. The one where they make sure certain drivers are taken care of. They must move certain stops/areas around to other drivers before their task is complete. I mean how dare UPS expect that certain drivers actually have to deliver to the areas they bid on right!?!? The spoiled brats might lay down on them if they have to deliver to those large apartment complexes located in the middle of their routes. I mean that is just way to much to ask of them. LOL

box_beeyotch

Awesome and accurate description but you forgot an essential step. The one where they make sure certain drivers are taken care of. They must move certain stops/areas around to other drivers before their task is complete. I mean how dare UPS expect that certain drivers actually have to deliver to the areas they bid on right!?!? The spoiled brats might lay down on them if they have to deliver to those large apartment complexes located in the middle of their routes. I mean that is just way to much to ask of them. LOL

All hail the 430 club!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not all of ours are in that club though. Not until Thursday and Friday anyway. They make sure they get their two over 9.5s in and then coast the rest of the week. Then we all know what happens on Thursday and Friday.
Nowadays its every Monday and Friday are bust out route days n hand me my dik days lol. I think they still have that stupid thought in their mind that drivers will run their ballz off on friday to get it done so they can go hme early on a friday lol. Imagine that, just because its Friday, doesnt mean i wont punch you in the ballsack til 10pm
images
lol

box_beeyotch

Nowadays its every Monday and Friday are bust out route days n hand me my dik days lol. I think they still have that stupid thought in their mind that drivers will run their ballz off on friday to get it done so they can go hme early on a friday lol. Imagine that, just because its Friday, doesnt mean i wont punch you in the ballsack til 10pm
images
lol

If anything that's funnier on Friday because it ruins everyone else's Friday also lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The key to a happy life is to manage one's expectations.

When I report for work every morning I expect an impossible dispatch, incompetent management, and atrocious load quality. And I am seldom disappointed.