displacement

I've been working with UPS now as an part time employee for 7 1/2 years. I currently work monday-friday. But I heard there going to try to make some of us go to sunday-thursday. Can they do that. Or do that? Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks</U></I></B>

over9five

Staff member
Oh yes, they can. Maybe you can escape it via your seniority.

On the bright side, Sunday is time and a half.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I've been working with UPS now as an part time employee for 7 1/2 years. I currently work monday-friday. But I heard there going to try to make some of us go to sunday-thursday. Can they do that. Or do that? Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks</U></I></B>

Quite possibly, yes. Look in your contract/supplement under workweek. Even if isn't in there, your seniority rights should be protected under effects bargaining. Call your union hall.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
ontario hub

ramp air employees

[-]Quite possibly[/-], yes. Look in your contract/supplement under workweek. Even if isn't in there, your seniority rights should be protected under effects bargaining. Call your union hall.

Refer to Article 40, section 3. Your workweek is any 5 days in a 7 day period. Not even guaranteed 5 consecutive days. Unless your Local supplement has superior language protecting you. Call your union hall. In the meantime, report to work as directed

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

Thanks</U></I></B>

I worked Pt loading feeders a while ago and they moved us to Sunday thru Thursday. Sucks but it was ok with me to have fri & sat off. Unfortunately it did not pay overtime, unless we worked over 5 hours in one day.

Nimnim

The Nim
Back before I started the Orlando hub was Sunday-Thursday, Sunday was pretty much guaranteed 5+ hours, but it wasn't time and a half. Your supplement might have language saying otherwise though. When my hub went Mon-Fri Jacksonville hub switched to Sun-Thurs. Course this all was only for the midnight shift for my hub, if you were on preload or twilight you were still Mon-Fri the whole time.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You get double time on Sundays if you're not a night sort employee until midnight...then it's regular hours. If it's a 6th shift then it's all time and a half. Portland moved their Day Sort to Sunday - Thursday....or maybe it's Tuesday - Saturday...not sure....but yes, they can change their operational hours all they want unfortunately. Check with your local contract though. This is the way it is for local 690.

U

uber

Portland switched Day Sort to Sunday-Thursday.

No way I'd miss football on Sundays. I'm good with working nights.