Disqualification documentation.

Asking all my fellow brothers. Does disqualification from Temporary Cover Driver require documentation just the same as any other disciplinary action.
Do you mean self DQ or the company DQed you? Had you been qualified before or is this an initial attempt. DQ does not necessarily mean for disciplinary reasons. Usually not but for safety reasons or failure to follow proper procedures.

Ok I understand your point, so let me rephrase. Disqualification must be supported by documentation that is discussed to you by the center manager in the presence of a steward correct?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ok I understand your point, so let me rephrase. Disqualification must be supported by documentation that is discussed to you by the center manager in the presence of a steward correct?
Not necessarily. You can get DQ'd but they don't always show or tell you why. The conversation that you are being DQ'd should be in the presence of a steward though. Any steward worth his weight will want to know why and see if there is anything that can be fought.

O Kay. I think I am following you now. You were DQed and want to know why. I think it is like your first 30 days. The company can DQ you for anything. If you want to fight it they will say it is because you are not safe driving. Since the Union and company agree that public safety is the most important consideration you will be toast.

Of but even still it needs to be documented in your 30 day book or something. I find it hard to believe that such action can take place without supporting documentation.

If so then they could simply walk around and disqualify individuals at any point in time and for no reason.

Of but even still it needs to be documented in your 30 day book or something. I find it hard to believe that such action can take place without supporting documentation.

If so then they could simply walk around and disqualify individuals at any point in time and for no reason.
You are right. The company must show you are doing certain things wrong during a ride along. Not hard to do when you are a new driver. They must document things you are doing wrong. I have seen new drivers fight a DQ and they were given a second chance.

Yes I am familiar with all the arguments you guys are saying, all im asking is does anyone definitively know whether or no disqualification needs to be supported by documentation.

Example: If a center manager decided to DQ someone without thier knowledge then whats to stop that individual from going up on the belt and just bumping a less senior driver.

You can't prove the person was disqualified unless it was documented. And furthermore that person can't acknowledge said disqualification unless it was brought to his/her attention and the reasons for his/her disqualification were explained to them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes I am familiar with all the arguments you guys are saying, all im asking is does anyone definitively know whether or no disqualification needs to be supported by documentation.

Example: If a center manager decided to DQ someone without thier knowledge then whats to stop that individual from going up on the belt and just bumping a less senior driver.

I was trying to follow along
but you lost me there

Ok say I'm your Center Manger, I disqualify you, but I never informed you that I disqualified you. Your not told you were DQd until you start filing grievances on less senior driver working.

I guess my point is this ... without documentation that the DQ took place and for what reasons it took place ... then its essentially all hear say.

Ok say I'm your Center Manger, I disqualify you, but I never informed you that I disqualified you. Your not told you were DQd until you start filing grievances on less senior driver working.

I guess my point is this ... without documentation that the DQ took place and for what reasons it took place ... then its essentially all hear say.
I am following you and you are right the company will have documentation as to why you are being DQed. Unless your management team are a bunch of 5th graders they know how to cover their butts.

Well I have all my paper worked lined up that shows I drove much longer then 30 days lol. No sup can provide documentation of my DQ, they don't have my 30 day book or anything other then payroll records for the purpose of attendance. But thats apples and oranges one has zero to do with the other.

Oh its been grieved, they tried to make a pre-panel deal and I declined it. So tell me what company makes deals when they know they are in the right? Sure as know this company doesn't.

Well I have all my paper worked lined up that shows I drove much longer then 30 days lol. No sup can provide documentation of my DQ, they don't have my 30 day book or anything other then payroll records for the purpose of attendance. But thats apples and oranges one has zero to do with the other.
You need to relax. If you drive the way you post it is no wonder you were DQed. Nothing any of us can do about it, except tell you to talk to your Business Agent at the Hall. Just tell your story with just the facts and none of the hysteria. I have seen drivers DQed before that were given a second chance because of management not following procedures.