Disqualified for missed air

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm still not clear as to what happened. Did she get in too late and missed the air shuttle. She deliver them late? Either way, it is harsh but missing air is a huge no no.

She missed the air shuttle.

Earlier this week I picked up an EAM insured at $35K. I brought it in to the office to have one of the sups sign off on it since it was over $5K. Both had already gone home so I put it right by the OMS clerk's desk and told her that it was a high value NDA that needed to be signed off on. This was at 6 pm----our air cutoff is 7:30 pm. It never made the plane.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Earlier this week I picked up an EAM insured at $35K. I brought it in to the office to have one of the sups sign off on it since it was over $5K. Both had already gone home so I put it right by the OMS clerk's desk and told her that it was a high value NDA that needed to be signed off on. This was at 6 pm----our air cutoff is 7:30 pm. It never made the plane.

Does she still have a job?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

It's amazing how they will some how twist it around and make it sound like it's your fault. I don't mean you specifically in your BOG of a center but for the rest of us out here. There should always be a full time supe at every building period. They'll probably slam the OMS and try to make the driver feel like a POS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does she still have a job?

It's amazing how they will some how twist it around and make it sound like it's your fault. I don't mean you specifically in your BOG of a center but for the rest of us out here. There should always be a full time supe at every building period. They'll probably slam the OMS and try to make the driver feel like a POS.

Our center manager called it "miscommunication" but at no point did he try to lay the blame on me. They know what time I get back and that I take care of business.

The shipper spent over $500 on that one package. He will get the shipping charges partially refunded but will still have to pay for the additional insurance----how much does it cost to insure a package for $35K?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Our center manager called it "miscommunication" but at no point did he try to lay the blame on me. They know what time I get back and that I take care of business.

The shipper spent over $500 on that one package. He will get the shipping charges partially refunded but will still have to pay for the additional insurance----how much does it cost to insure a package for $35K?
At our center the center manager often shoots from the lip. He would have blamed the OMS and probably try to hang the driver for good measure.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

EAM valued @ 35K

Shipper and intended receiver won't forget that colossal failure.

barnyard

KTM rider
Late delivery or late meet to the shuttle would mean a DQ in my center. The was a driver DQd for having late NDA savers to a business. In that driver's case, I suspect there may have been more to the story, that was the easiest one to explain, though.

Johney

How about sweating it out as to WTF happened to my package? I'd bet since it missed the air trailer or shuttle pull at the OMS's expense it was never put in as an exception so no tracking info until the following day?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How about sweating it out as to WTF happened to my package? I'd bet since it missed the air trailer or shuttle pull at the OMS's expense it was never put in as an exception so no tracking info until the following day?

I never thought to take a pic of the ASD so that I could track it.