Disqualified from becoming a driver for being 10 days to young?!

BrownChoice

What are you gonna do by trying to build a case off like-wise situations off BrownCafe?!

"Yea... Boss, see here on the cafe?! This, anonymous poster, he went driving being underage, see, see?! So why can't I?!?!

mellinger58

Yeah that's what my bisness agent said because the next guy going isn't going for 2 weeks which if I would go with him I would be old enough

mellinger58

What are you gonna do by trying to build a case off like-wise situations off BrownCafe?!

"Yea... Boss, see here on the cafe?! This, anonymous poster, he went driving being underage, see, see?! So why can't I?!?!
I didn't go driving but I got disquil fed for being 10 days to young but by the time I would go to driving school I would be that why I trying to see if any one else had the same thing happen to them my hub manger/sups knew I was under 21 by ten day but they told me to sign it because there was a possibly i would be older enough by driver orientation which would make me old eoungh

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
A guy I preloaded with went to driving school underage. I kid you not. Went to driving school and NEVER DROVE THE PACKAGE CAR. He turned 21 they day before he reported as an air driver 2 weeks later.

Sent using BrownCafe App

mellinger58

A guy I preloaded with went to driving school underage. I kid you not. Went to driving school and NEVER DROVE THE PACKAGE CAR. He turned 21 they day before he reported as an air driver 2 weeks later.

Sent using BrownCafe App
What local are you in?
And do you have his name I understand if you don't wanna give that up

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We'll Thursday I got a phone call saying if I was 10 days old I would have gotten the job. I talked to my business agent for a few mins the other day he said it demands on when they take the other drivers which there are 3 spots open and I talked to one of them and they said that they are going in 2 week which would make me old enough to drive. Has any one else across this he so can you tell me . I really want to be a driver and I'm trying to build a case that I can win. Thank you for reading and your help

I'm not the grammar and usage police, but just the title of this post is really annoying the hell out of me. Form instead of from...To instead of Too. Then in the message We'll instead of Well. old instead of older. Mins instead of typing out minutes. Sentences with no beginning, end, punctuation, capitalization and the list goes on.

Why is your generation so damn lazy? We're just dumb truck drivers and cardboard slingers here, but your generation makes the rest of us look like English majors.

UPSGUY72

I didn't go driving but I got disquil fed for being 10 days to young but by the time I would go to driving school I would be that why I trying to see if any one else had the same thing happen to them my hub manger/sups knew I was under 21 by ten day but they told me to sign it because there was a possibly i would be older enough by driver orientation which would make me old eoungh

I hate to say it but your SOL. You have to be 21 to bid and win a driving bid. The date that they send you to school or when you actually start driving is irrelevant. Driving school could start the day after someone wins a bid or months later.

Also you didn't get DQ'd your bid wasn't valid to start you can sign the next bid that goes up for a driving position after you turn 21. If you got DQ'd you'd have to wait till next year to sign and be able to possible win a driving bid.

It also pretty obvious that someone with less seniority but who is older then 21 decided to speak up and complain that your bid on the driving position wasn't valid because you are / where not 21 yet.

mellinger58

I hate to say it but your SOL. You have to be 21 to bid and win a driving bid. The date that they send you to school or when you actually start driving is irrelevant. Driving school could start the day after someone wins a bid or months later.

Also you didn't get DQ'd your bid wasn't valid to start you can sign the next bid that goes up for a driving position after you turn 21. If you got DQ'd you'd have to wait till next year to sign and be able to possible win a driving bid.

It also pretty obvious that someone with less seniority but who is older then 21 decided to speak up and complain that your bid on the driving position wasn't valid because you are / where not 21 yet.
They told me to sign the and my hub manager said it depends on when driver ordination

UPSGUY72

They told me to sign the and my hub manager said it depends on when driver ordination

They were wrong you can't win driving bid and be under 21. As I said when then send you to driving school varies it could be the day after you win a bid or months later.

If the bid went up and you signed it before you turned 21 but the list wasn't taken down till after you turned 21 that would be different.

mellinger58

I'm not the grammar and usage police, but just the title of this post is really annoying the hell out of me. Form instead of from...To instead of Too. Then in the message We'll instead of Well. old instead of older. Mins instead of typing out minutes. Sentences with no beginning, end, punctuation, capitalization and the list goes on.

Why is your generation so damn lazy? We're just dumb truck drivers and cardboard slingers here, but your generation makes the rest of us look like English majors.

Well considering that time I spend on here is time I spend away from my family, I'm a little too busy to care about correct punctuation and grammar. However since it's a concern to you I thought I'd let you know that you have quite a few sentence fragments with some capitalization errors, consider revising.

mellinger58

And is you look at some post upwards there are a few who actually got quilifed before he was 21

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I hope I die before I get old. I never want to sound that pretentious.
Most of my generation has managed to overcome the handicaps the baby boomers have bestowed upon us. Please don't group us all in with this genius.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I hope I die before I get old. I never want to sound that pretentious.
Most of my generation has managed to overcome the handicaps the baby boomers have bestowed upon us. Please don't group us all in with this genius.
Yes--calling myself a dumb truck driver is certainly pretentious. I'm not a baby boomer. The OP is 20. I'm 40ish.

There are lots of generations...
2000/2001-Present - New Silent Generation or Generation Z
1980-2000 - Millennials or Generation Y
1965-1979 - Generation X
1946-1964 - Baby Boom
1925-1945 - Silent Generation

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes--calling myself a dumb truck driver is certainly pretentious. I'm not a baby boomer. The OP is 20. I'm 40ish.

There are lots of generations...
2000/2001-Present - New Silent Generation or Generation Z
1980-2000 - Millennials or Generation Y
1965-1979 - Generation X
1946-1964 - Baby Boom
1925-1945 - Silent Generation
I'm just pointing out that categorizing 20 years of Americans together as lazy is just flat out wrong. It does sound pretentious to me.