Disqualified from becoming a driver for being 10 days to young?!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I think you're trying to say I'm stereotyping or generalizing, and you'd be correct. You're misusing pretentious though.

pretentious
adj 1: making claim to or creating an appearance of (often
undeserved) importance or distinction; "a pretentious
country house"; "a pretentious fraud"; "a pretentious
scholarly edition" [ant: unpretentious]
2: intended to attract notice and impress others; "an
ostentatious sable coat"

That being said, teens through early 20s right now have several characteristics in common. Obviously traits and characteristics don't apply to every single person in a generation.
Many young people entering the work force have a poor work ethic, are afraid to work hard and have a sense of entitlement. We especially see this at UPS.

Teens and 20s (especially females) now talk with an annoying inflection as if they're asking a question when they're making a statement.

Many of them also can't bring themselves to pickup a phone to make a call and would rather send a text...and that text will be lazy half-assed abbreviations rather than typing out the words. My daughter in college has fallen into this to an extent and she almost gets anxious on some level if she has to call a friend or classmate. She prefers to text almost everyone except her family. When I was a teen you couldn't get girls off the phone long enough to get a call of your own in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They told me to sign the and my hub manager said it depends on when driver ordination

They were wrong you can't win driving bid and be under 21. As I said when then send you to driving school varies it could be the day after you win a bid or months later.

If the bid went up and you signed it before you turned 21 but the list wasn't taken down till after you turned 21 that would be different.

It is not uncommon to award the bid to an underage employee knowing that they will be of age when school starts.

mellinger58

A guy I preloaded with went to driving school underage. I kid you not. Went to driving school and NEVER DROVE THE PACKAGE CAR. He turned 21 they day before he reported as an air driver 2 weeks later.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Do you mind telling me what local you are from? And if you don't mind give me the name of that guy but if you don't I complete understand

mellinger58

Signed a bid sheet for a permanent driving position. Hub manager told me to sign it knowing I was under twenty one, because by the time of driver training I would be of age. So I've been disqualified for being ten days too young even though they won't be taking drivers for another two weeks... opinions/advice?

mellinger58

Guess its just like,going to the bar 10 days before your 21st birthday.
And I understand that part but I would only do the paperwork part and I wouldnt even go to driving school till after my birthday and and I've talk to a few people about this and some people did go to driving school before they turned 21 but didn't drive till there 21 first birthday....I'm trying to find someone who went though the same thing so I could build a case thanks for your help:)

And I understand that part but I would only do the paperwork part and I wouldnt even go to driving school till after my birthday and and I've talk to a few people about this and some people did go to driving school before they turned 21 but didn't drive till there 21 first birthday....I'm trying to find someone who went though the same thing so I could build a case thanks for your help:)
Not trying to be a jerk,here.
But you are not qualified for the job.
Just wait for the next bid,their will be more.

I signed a bid when I was 20,for a driving job. (I didnt know you had to be 21) so I didnt get it. honestly it was a big favor to me. I missed driving peak and the winter. (It was a bad snow year.

I got the bid the following spring.
It gave me a chance to learn how to drive and how to deliver.
Without being thrown in to peak or snow.

Decades later, still here.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Why are you so sour? Not getting any ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
If you worked here for more than 3 months...you wouldn't even have to ask, newbie....lol. They keep hiring idiots, don't train them right..which cause the rest of us to do my job AND theirs...and I'm friggin tired of it. Then you come on here and ask the same question 16 different ways, thinking the answer will be different.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you worked here for more than 3 months...you wouldn't even have to ask, newbie....lol. They keep hiring idiots, don't train them right..which cause the rest of us to do my job AND theirs...and I'm friggin tired of it. Then you come on here and ask the same question 16 different ways, thinking the answer will be different.

Why don't you do your job and stop worrying about what others are doing? "Wahh, mrs. Supervisor told me to go on help Timmy load his cars, wahhh its not fair!".

mellinger58

I'm not trying to to change the answer I'm trying to see if there are people out there who have have the same problem...and see if the union fought for them and won because from what some people are saying that it is possible and why are you guys getting upset these site is meant for us to solve problems and help others with issue I'm okay with the fact if I don't get this job I understand why... And I never made you guys click on my post. You guys must not have no life because you sure do spend a lot of time on this website

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm not trying to to change the answer I'm trying to see if there are people out there who have have the same problem...and see if the union fought for them and won because from what some people are saying that it is possible and why are you guys getting upset these site is meant for us to solve problems and help others with issue I'm okay with the fact if I don't get this job I understand why... And I never made you guys click on my post. You guys must not have no life because you sure do spend a lot of time on this website

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nobody will answer you now!
Dont have to be mean about it.

Good luck,unloading trucks.

mellinger58

Making new threads about the same thing over and over is a good way to be ignored by everyone.
I'm sorry but I thought this website was meant for help and advice. And if you ignored me I wouldn't care this is just a website that means nothing other then a place to get help I'm happy person just try to find answer to my question thank you for your help:)

Sent using BrownCafe App