Disqualified from cover driving

P

pickup

throughout my driving career, i have driven many different trucks with different stick shift patterns. So, what was helpful to me when i got into a truck with a different pattern than one i was accustomed to was to practice the moving of the stick into the different gears(slots) without even starting or moving the truck. Surely, you can find a parked truck to do this with. Also, by using the clutch , you help build up the muscle on your left leg so that when one day, you do go out , your left leg is used to it. Hope you find this info helpful. Also, most trucks have a shift diagram and if yours doesn't , you can make you own (like will smith in independence day when he drove the spaceship) and put it on the dashboard so that you can see what gear you are going in.

drewed

Shankman
i did stall out twice, but after her going nuts and yelling at me to say the safety info. i could not even say anything without her yelling at me first . I could not think straight with all the yelling. her yelling effected my driving and thought process.

Wah seriously, how would you expect to deal with the distraction of traffic, if you cant tune out your sup?

W

westsideworma

I would think tuning out your supe is an essential skill here at UPS. as soon as I learned the alpha charts when I was a loader and got tips from my drivers, I can't remember another word my supe said for the next 2.5 years lol. Now, I like my immediate supe, but anything further up things get a little hard to understand, I'm having my hearing checked soon though...:wink2: