Disqualified from driver help

JPIII

Hi I was late (My ride was late to pick me up) and the dispatcher said that they won't be utilizing me. Does that mean for the reminder that I work at UPS or just for this peak season?

barnyard

KTM rider
Either or.

We have more than enough qualified applicants that if a person could not make it for a day, they are done. Unless the driver requests otherwise.

UPSGUY72

Hi I was late (My ride was late to pick me up) and the dispatcher said that they won't be utilizing me. Does that mean for the reminder that I work at UPS or just for this peak season?

REALLY. The only thing that you need to do is show up on time and you couldn't even do that right.

helenofcalifornia

In would bet if you showed up every day (if they are using a lot of runners, that eventually you would be going out again. Runners drop like flies after a couple of weeks. Did they ask you to turn in your uniform?

dillweed

I'm with helen on this one. Christmas time they are usually begging people to go and help. Yes, it's most important to show up for a job! However, no one is perfect and all you can do is try to line up a more dependable ride.

Make sure they know you want to work and call in every day before driver start time to see if you can work. If they offer the work, get your buns in there on time!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If a Helper is running late, he needs to call the driver and tell him, so the driver doesn't waste time sitting around waiting for a no show. If mine calls and says he is running late because of traffic or something, I can keep on delivering instead of wasting daylight.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was supposed to have a helper Tuesday but he didn't have transportation to my area. They had him work with a driver near his home. It amazes me with all the talk of people out of work we still get some real classics as helpers. Being late shouldn't be a problem, they'll be begging for you later.

barnyard

KTM rider
It amazes me with all the talk of people out of work we still get some real classics as helpers.

I don't get it either.

We had over 700 people apply last year for about 30 outside helper jobs. I know all the helpers by my route were rehires from last year. If it is for an in-town route, we have enough people wanting to work that a no-show = done for the year, probably forever.