Disqualified from FT Driving

mjdog429

This morning I was disqualified from FT driving after temp driving during peak season. I had been hired on as a driver since Halloween. I noticed in my building there were several bid sheets up for 22.3 combo jobs, some of which involve air driving. Can I still put my name of the list for these positions or will my DQ from FT driving keep me from air driving as well?

By The Book

This morning I was disqualified from FT driving after temp driving during peak season. I had been hired on as a driver since Halloween. I noticed in my building there were several bid sheets up for 22.3 combo jobs, some of which involve air driving. Can I still put my name of the list for these positions or will my DQ from FT driving keep me from air driving as well?
Why were you disqualified? I almost think you drove for peak and now the volumes not their and your back to part time?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Can I still put my name of the list for these positions or will my DQ from FT driving keep me from air driving as well?
It shouldn't disqualify you at all. I have a guy on my shift who bid FT, hated it, self disqualified himself and then two weeks later signed the air bid and now he's our PM Air Shuttle driver. I know situations are different in every center/hub so I recommend asking your FT, but it shouldn't stop you from winning it if you're the highest seniority bidder.

mjdog429

Well the combo jobs available consist of driving air PT in addition to working in the hub. I got DQ'd apparently based on my performance. The only issues I had dealt with not sheeting some commercial stops properly. And last week I didnt report for a couple of days even though my route was only put in the schedule twice during the week. But I take responsibility for not reporting for those 2 days

mjdog429

Everyday that I was laid off after peak season I just went back to my part time job. Im kinda relieved I got DQ'd because the center I was in didnt exactly give me the best training lol. I've put in 17 yrs at UPS, so im hoping that's enough seniority to finally get one of these combo jobs that are up for bid

PT Car Washer

In the situation you mentioned are these full time air drivers or are they part time employees who drove air in addition to their primary shift?
Both. Just a month ago a PT PM air letter box pick up driver was DQed from FT driving. Went right back to his PM route. Some of it may do with what you are DQed for. In his case he could never come close to running scratch.

By The Book

Everyday that I was laid off after peak season I just went back to my part time job. Im kinda relieved I got DQ'd because the center I was in didnt exactly give me the best training lol. I've put in 17 yrs at UPS, so im hoping that's enough seniority to finally get one of these combo jobs that are up for bid
I hope you get one of those combo jobs.

barnyard

KTM rider
Both. Just a month ago a PT PM air letter box pick up driver was DQed from FT driving. Went right back to his PM route. Some of it may do with what you are DQed for. In his case he could never come close to running scratch.

I have seen the same thing in my center with at least 2 air drivers. Tried to be FT, DQd, went back to their air driving gig the next day.

rhash

I'm in my 30 days now an I can't get my time down. Nothing has been late or sheeted wrong but I'm worried about being dq'd. I have alot of bulk stops an alot of office buildings. Nothing is delivered to a loading dock i have to haul them into the stores. I've loss 10lbs in 9 days my uniform is falling off. I love it though i just can't figure out how to shave my time down.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm in my 30 days now an I can't get my time down. Nothing has been late or sheeted wrong but I'm worried about being dq'd. I have alot of bulk stops an alot of office buildings. Nothing is delivered to a loading dock i have to haul them into the stores. I've loss 10lbs in 9 days my uniform is falling off. I love it though i just can't figure out how to shave my time down.
You probably can't shave much if any time off bulk routes.

rhash

Run like the wind
Skip lunch
Drive like your possessed by the devil himself
That should help
I'm around alot of foot traffic an one way streets. I can only drive so fast. It's not a training route and most men hate it. I wonder why they thought i would make a good fit for this route. I like it but i can't see what i can do different.

By The Book

I'm around alot of foot traffic an one way streets. I can only drive so fast. It's not a training route and most men hate it. I wonder why they thought i would make a good fit for this route. I like it but i can't see what i can do different.
You are supposed to be on a training route period... That's why they call them training routes. Is this a route that runs everyday?, and the driver is off work for some reason? How late are other drivers on this route you are on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has one route per loop which are designated/bid as training routes. The bid driver has to vacate the route for the 30 days it takes for a new driver to qualify. Ours is a small center so we normally train just one new driver at a time. The route is in an industrial park and also has a mixture of commercial ànd residential stops with a lot of pickup pieces. Most of the new drivers struggle at first but do end up qualifying.