Disqualified from FT Driving

PT Car Washer

Our center has one route per loop which are designated/bid as training routes. The bid driver has to vacate the route for the 30 days it takes for a new driver to qualify. Ours is a small center so we normally train just one new driver at a time. The route is in an industrial park and also has a mixture of commercial ànd residential stops with a lot of pickup pieces. Most of the new drivers struggle at first but do end up qualifying.
Sounds like our training routes. Tough but doable once you learn time management. Some of the more desirable routes except you get bumped off for new guys training and summer seasonal drivers.

KALO99

This morning I was disqualified from FT driving after temp driving during peak season. I had been hired on as a driver since Halloween. I noticed in my building there were several bid sheets up for 22.3 combo jobs, some of which involve air driving. Can I still put my name of the list for these positions or will my DQ from FT driving keep me from air driving as well?
22.3 is a full time combo classification so it bids in classification first then if no other 22.3 want's it then it goes to all full time employees highest bidder get's it. Then if no full timer wants it you go to the part time to full time pool bid sheet highest bidder who signed goes full time. So rule of thumb sign everything!!

KALO99

You probably can't shave much if any time off bulk routes.
Those 30 days you have to do whatever it takes to make it. Hopefully you were properly trained because some of these on road sup's are a joke. Get advice from drivers in your bldg. If they are doing it you can come close to don't give up.

Overpaid Union Thug

Those 30 days you have to do whatever it takes to make it. Hopefully you were properly trained because some of these on road sup's are a joke. Get advice from drivers in your bldg. If they are doing it you can come close to don't give up.

Translation.......run and skip lunch. It shouldn't have to be done that way but in order to qualify it is a must in some centers. After that.....walk at a brisk pace and take every minute of the breaks without even thinking about UPS.

mjdog429

U are right about those on road sups Kalo lol the sup who trained me was new to my center and had no idea what was going on. But I'll definitely be better prepared next time

rhash

The route is an open route. Plus when he trained me we returned to the building around the same time so i'm confused. Other drivers are confused especially drivers that have driven that route as to why i'm on it. I like the route but I can't make scratch. Man I have marks all over my arms n legs from working my ass trying to do a great job. 80% of the job is business an I haven't had any late, nothing has closed on me i deliver every piece. Grown men complain about this route n it's hard to hear my over aloud is terrible. I told my sup i won't give up and he said he won't let me. I guess i'll keep showing up and giving it my all.

PT Car Washer

The route is an open route. Plus when he trained me we returned to the building around the same time so i'm confused. Other drivers are confused especially drivers that have driven that route as to why i'm on it. I like the route but I can't make scratch. Man I have marks all over my arms n legs from working my ass trying to do a great job. 80% of the job is business an I haven't had any late, nothing has closed on me i deliver every piece. Grown men complain about this route n it's hard to hear my over aloud is terrible. I told my sup i won't give up and he said he won't let me. I guess i'll keep showing up and giving it my all.
You don't have to run scratch to qualify.

reginald95

I didn't beat the route when I was trying to make seniority. I think as long as you are under 2 hours they don't care. At least at my center. Some routes you just can't beat because of the way they are. You should punch in your lunch on the drive in or something. Skip breaks. Come in and fix up your load.