District Newsletter Misinformation

bbsam

Staff member
Asking anyone to describe the rationale behind any action of the IRS is tantamount to asking for proof of the existance of God. I may be able to give a philosophical argument proving the existance of God, but at the end, we'd have both wasted our time. Same would go for the IRS. IRS does what the IRS wants for the most part.
We are in agreement. The IRS may actually have no basis whatsoever for the assessment. Of course they don't need one. But then one cannot use that as a rationale to prove one thing or another.

FedEx courier

We are in agreement. The IRS may actually have no basis whatsoever for the assessment. Of course they don't need one. But then one cannot use that as a rationale to prove one thing or another.
Anyone can see that the big 1099 scheme at Ground is a way to avoid responsibility and expense for withdrawing taxes. If it looks,acts and can be disciplined like an employee then it's an employee.:happy-very:

FedEx courier

Again, you miss the point. What is in question is how the contract is written and enforced. Not whether the contractor model must be abandoned altogether. Fedex has been forced to amend the contract on several occasions as well as amend their management within that framework. So as far as Fedex is concerned, the question is whether or not the contract needs to be changed and to what degree.

I'll admit that I really am not familiar with the details or a Ground contract. Everything I've ever read about this has addressed the IC model itself. If you have any details would you mind posting them? thanks