Divorce vs legal separation

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Does anyone know if your spouse would get to stay on our insurance coverage if it was a legal seperation instead of a typical divorse?
My first wife and step son remained on my insurance until the last day of the month in which our divorce became final. Seperation should not affect eligibility.

UPSGUY72

Nope----the house was his before the marriage and her name is not on the deed.

She is going to try to get a mortgage to buy it. If she does that I'm going to buy my uncle summer house. He lives in Florida and comes up in the summer to play golf he's been doing it for 20 something years this year is his last year. If we can make a deal I get it fully furnished right down to the silverware. The plus is he had it built so he is the only owner and he takes care of his stuff so I know what I'm getting into.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a driver bid out of package and into art 22 to take a big paycut for about 5 years while he went through a divorce then bid back into package. Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She is going to try to get a mortgage to buy it. If she does that I'm going to buy my uncle summer house. He lives in Florida and comes up in the summer to play golf he's been doing it for 20 something years this year is his last year. If we can make a deal I get it fully furnished right down to the silverware. The plus is he had it built so he is the only owner and he takes care of his stuff so I know what I'm getting into.

Wouldn't it be ironic if you agreed to hold the note for her?

undies

Did any of you try therapy/counseling before getting a divorce? My wife and I go twice a month, our benefits pay 70%!

It's the best thing we can do. We air out all our minor issues before we start resenting each other and have learned to communicate effectively. Also, sex is great when you're both feeling listened to and respected! :love-very:

UPSGUY72

Did any of you try therapy/counseling before getting a divorce? My wife and I go twice a month, our benefits pay 70%!

It's the best thing we can do. We air out all our minor issues before we start resenting each other and have learned to communicate effectively. Also, sex is great when you're both feeling listened to and respected! :love-very:

Been there done that. She new what I was like when she married me no she wants me to treat her like her millionaire boss treats his wife. Even the therapist suggested to her that she isn't going to change who I am. As we say at UPS it is what it is.

UPSGUY72

It is rarely a surprise when you are served divorce papers.

This true I haven't been served yet the Sheriff tried today I wasn't home. If I don't get served this week. She going to have to pay another $200 plus to get me served in a different county by a different sheriff when I go back to work next week.

wayfair

swollen member
This true I haven't been served yet the Sheriff tried today I wasn't home. If I don't get served this week. She going to have to pay another $200 plus to get me served in a different county by a different sheriff when I go back to work next week.

Why are you dragging it out?
Get it done man!
Life is so much better when you're happy!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got served in the parking lot at work. I was pissed. My ex apologized as she did not want to embarrass me at work.

UPSGUY72

I got served in the parking lot at work. I was :censored2:. My ex apologized as she did not want to embarrass me at work.

Two years ago I got served in the parking lot at work. I saw the sheriff I was going just drive out of the lot and park in the customer parking and them moved the car when I left the building in my package car but I didn't kind of froze and didn't react fast enough. That was a week after she told me that she wasn't going forward with it. She said by the time she figured out she didn't want to go forward her attorney already sent the paper work to the sheriff.

UPSGUY72

The sheriff showed up once at my house today and pretty sure called 3 times as there was 3 missed calls from a unlisted number. Who answer the phone for an unlisted number these days I don't answer the house phone unless I know who it is and even at that it a crap shoot if I do.