DIY projects

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My kitchen has all kinds of "under" lighting.....I say it's for effect, but actually it's so old people can find their way with minimal lighting. Think outside the kitchen too.......mood lighting can be everywhere.
I like mood lighting. I have a bookcase/wall unit that covers a whole wall in my living room. I put rope lighting on top. It really looks nice. I'm not a fan of the bright bluish tint of LED lighting. Give me the soft yellowish, old fashioned lighting.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I like mood lighting. I have a bookcase/wall unit that covers a whole wall in my living room. I put rope lighting on top. It really looks nice. I'm not a fan of the bright bluish tint of LED lighting. Give me the soft yellowish, old fashioned lighting.
I actually got a remote I can use to change the color of my light through an entire spectrum.

rod

Retired 22 years
This morning, I saw a segment from Home Depot on Fox and friends. They were doing under counter lighting. You usually think of rope lights, but this was like a double sided tape that lights up. Concealing would no longer be a problem.
I'm going to check it out. It might be another hubby project.....

We had the dimmable LED light tape installed under our cabinets last fall. It goes from really soft lighting up to super-bright lighting with the twist of an under cabinet switch. We have a rope light in our fireplace bookshelves that is also dimmable but is no where near as nice as the LED ones.

moreluck

golden ticket member
4353431b12748743f56e7b72eea8a5d2.jpg

Working Alone with Plywood - Woodworking Techniques - American Woodworker

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like these kinds of hideaway projects. It's important to use all the room you have.

f534c1d1714cbfacd490b7996fc4dc779c032d1fc3c79f822712b672.ico

from Martha Stewart
DIY Home Projects

Window bench with built-in file cabinet.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've never thought of wallpaper on the ceiling, but I can see where this could be beautiful or overdone....

97c26d28221c9897c76c0952629f5972.jpg

Creative way to use a wallpaper: on the ceiling! Looks enchanting!.........the simple circular light fixture is what is majorly creating the enchanting effect........very adorable!!..

rod

Retired 22 years
I've never thought of wallpaper on the ceiling, but I can see where this could be beautiful or overdone....

97c26d28221c9897c76c0952629f5972.jpg

Creative way to use a wallpaper: on the ceiling! Looks enchanting!.........the simple circular light fixture is what is majorly creating the enchanting effect........very adorable!!..

my neck hurts just thinking about that project

moreluck

golden ticket member

ISLAND w/COUNTER: Add brackets (like vintaged salvaged ones) to extend the top of an old dresser and attach an appropriate kitchen countertop to it. Great island with lots of storage and a place for seating.