DJ Who?

ImpactedTSG

If your a dragracing fan why wouldn't you watch it on T.V.?
Honestly, I would watch it if they had some street class cars on them. Right now I have a LS1 powered car that is in the mid 12's, so a 4.xx second car @ over 300 mph is impressive, but boring to watch. Usually one of the two cars smokes the tires or blows an engine so it's not much of a race (heads up speaking). I would rather watch a couple of 11 second street cars battle it out than some 4 or 5 second trailer queens that have to be rebuilt between each race.

PS, I hope you don't trailer yours to the track. :wink:

over9five

Staff member
"Somehow its hard to figure who's worst , the driver (DJ) or the car (Toyota)."

The driver was sucking before he went with the Toyota.

Overpaid Union Thug

not to mention the FedEx Orange Bowl, one of the four bowls that rotates for the BCS Championship with the Rose, Sugar & Fiesta.....

UPS missed a golden opportunity recently when the stadium that the Tennessee Titans plays in was up for a new sponsor. It was "Adelphia Colliseum" from the beginning but was nameless for a couple of years before it became "LP Field" a year or two ago. It's hard to remember because most of got used to the original name being shortened to "The Colliseum" since it took so long to get a new sponsor. UPS should have jumped on that one. It's a nice stadium and UPS is king in Nashville. I guess UPS didn't see the need. They were probably still clinging to the false hope that DJ would be their prize. LOL!

clockrider

brown did nothing 4 me
shoot, they could buy the naming rights in their own home town for the Georgia Dome.....duh....too busy dumping money into NASCAR.

Amazing, now that Waltrip has to give NAPA $300 - $400K for not making races, he has been qualifying. Maybe we should ask for some money back.

I have a feeling DJ will not race in his Centennial Paint scheme car in August, the way he has been going.

Cole

Hey at least our sales people get to dress up like they're part of the pit crew! What a joke! I used to pull for DJ until we started sponsoring him, I just had a premonition, he would start going down hill. They really need a new driver, but as long as there is a car with the UPS shield they are happy I guess.

UPS missed a golden opportunity recently when the stadium that the Tennessee Titans plays in was up for a new sponsor. It was "Adelphia Colliseum" from the beginning but was nameless for a couple of years before it became "LP Field" a year or two ago. It's hard to remember because most of got used to the original name being shortened to "The Colliseum" since it took so long to get a new sponsor. UPS should have jumped on that one. It's a nice stadium and UPS is king in Nashville. I guess UPS didn't see the need. They were probably still clinging to the false hope that DJ would be their prize. LOL!

ups could have put their name on both new stadiums in seattle a few years back safco field and qwest field. Maybe they should try hydros.

satellitedriver

When you say no need to respond, on this forum, you are begging a response.
It is only about advertising and UPS has always suckeled on the hind teat compared to FEDEX. Ups's advertising is right up there with UPS sales lead programs. A very inefficient use of money.
FEDEX started the "commercial" ball rolling with the fast talking guy. They branded themselves as faster than UPS early on.
UPS has only been playing catch up for viewer eyeballs since.
IMO, Ups should spend our money advertising the qualities of our service and relate it to the customer, instead of just trying to get eyeballs watching our Logo go around in circles.
PAX

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
I totally agree that UPS lacks visible advertising. I mean, here in Canada for instance, most people I deliver to don't have a clue who we are. I ring the buzzer and the person asks who It is and I respond it's always "Who???"

Other than NASCAR, I've only every seen a UPS logo at one other sporting event, and that was when our logo was painted on the foul poles at whatever stadium the SF Giants play at.

A year or two I used to catch some commercials on tv but those are long gone now while the FEDEX ones continue to roll out.

It's pretty pathetic, actually.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
When I started working for UPS my dad actually thought that UPS was the U.S. postal service. I see UPS advertisements all the time on tv during sporting events, but never in canadian stadiums. I also find that UPS tv commercials are not only lame, but also few and far between.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Just heard Michael Waltrip will let Terry Labonte drive the NAPA #55 car, now why doesn't Jarrett swallow his pride and let another driver take his place?

This is the worst NASCAR season ever for UPS....totally not something to be proud of.

8Years2Go

I think the main reason that Terry Labonte is in the seat, he is the most current past champion, Bill Eliott's was in 1988 and Terry's was in 1984 and 1996. That's 6 guaranteed races the NAPA Toy will be in!! Just think, when Terry is out of provisions, maybe we could replace DJ with DW, Richard Petty or heck! Ned Jarret. Just think of the commercials we could do! Oh Crap! I just gave them an idea. :crying:

dragracer66

Honestly, I would watch it if they had some street class cars on them. Right now I have a LS1 powered car that is in the mid 12's, so a 4.xx second car @ over 300 mph is impressive, but boring to watch. Usually one of the two cars smokes the tires or blows an engine so it's not much of a race (heads up speaking). I would rather watch a couple of 11 second street cars battle it out than some 4 or 5 second trailer queens that have to be rebuilt between each race.

PS, I hope you don't trailer yours to the track. :wink:
I have to it's on alcohol and it's a full blown out race car!!!:thumbup1: