Do any of you drivers have helpers now??

Dr.Brownz

We have so many routes in that we have barely used helpers. 3 routes of 35 have them now.

For relatively new FT drivers it would be a lot easier to train helpers with the exact same DIAD's. I never used the ones that the helpers get.

Last peak I just used him as a runner. I'd sheet & complete in the truck and he'd deliver it while I organized. For apt's we DR'd everything for a whole month +. Can't believe nothing from that time period came back to bite me in the butt.

We got new DIADS for almost all helpers. They made the air drivers use the old boards last year.

UPSjedi41

We have so many routes in that we have barely used helpers. 3 routes of 35 have them now.

We got new DIADS for almost all helpers. They made the air drivers use the old boards last year.
It looks like our center ditched all the old DIADS this years too. All are the new ones. Should make it easier to teach.

Which Diads? the skinny driver ones? If so that would make my helper life much easier cause those skinny ones are fun to use as well as I am the most trained on them since most of my past drivers taught me how to use those and left the Helper board in the back.

Last edited:

Box Ox

Which Diads? the skinny driver ones? If so that would make my helper life much easier cause those skinny ones are fun to use as well as I am the most trained on them since most of my past drivers taught me how to use those and left the Helper board in the back.

The Diad V is the latest. But it's probably been deemed too expensive to replace the two slot diad V/IV holders with double diad V slot holders in the trucks. So every other stop of your 250-400 the helper V in the IV slot is registering button presses and beep beep beeping as you start the truck back up. Keeping it face forward seems to help somewhat. Sigh.

Would just give my helper a V clip and tell 'em to keep it attached at the hip if I didn't think it'd end up flying right out the door.

AKCoverMan

Don't think we have had a conventional helper on car yet but we have an "independent helper" delivering our mall out of s TP-60 been doing it s couple weeks now.

Overpaid Union Thug

Still no helper for me yet. I absolutely dread it. I might luck out and not need one because my route will get pushed out farther into the rural areas. But..... I've been forced to use helpers in the country before. Which is utterly pointless.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Today is the day that my area is sending out helpers. I'm still on call for now. If I go out today, it'll probably be at the last minute to replace someone.

Notcool

I just got fired from driving helper the first day. I went to the wrong location and they called me to tell where to go and it was going to take me 20 min to get there and I have to be at the hub in 3 hrs to start my shift so I told them it wasn't worth it driving over there for 2 1/2 hrs of work. So they fired me the first day lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just got fired from driving helper the first day. I went to the wrong location and they called me to tell where to go and it was going to take me 20 min to get there and I have to be at the hub in 3 hrs to start my shift so I told them it wasn't worth it driving over there for 2 1/2 hrs of work. So they fired me the first day lol

Probably best for all involved.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't think we have had a conventional helper on car yet but we have an "independent helper" delivering our mall out of s TP-60 been doing it s couple weeks now.
are they using a huffy mountain bike and cart...oh wait I think they upgraded the bikes to Schwinns from target... What a joke....lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dude to be honest you would make more at McDonald's or target....don't sweat it

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Still no helper for me yet. I absolutely dread it. I might luck out and not need one because my route will get pushed out farther into the rural areas. But..... I've been forced to use helpers in the country before. Which is utterly pointless.
And they want you to go twice as fast.... Fail

AKCoverMan

are they using a huffy mountain bike and cart...oh wait I think they upgraded the bikes to Schwinns from target... What a joke....lol

No package car drops the TP-60 trailer off in the morning. The DIAD and a handcart (a "mall cart") are in the trailer with the packages. The helper goes to the mall in their own car and delivers out of the trailer. When he's done he leaves the mall cart and DIAD in the trailer. The driver picks up the trailer on the way back to the center.