Do center manager's have a soul?

clarnzz

We had a driver suffer from heat exaustion this week. He went to the hospital, got his salt fluids and what not. Our center manager made his obligitory appearance in which the drivers wife chewed him out and the drivers 10 year old daughter told him that he hated him. I stated that no matter how much of a corporate kiss ass you are this had to touch you deep down at least a little bit?

discuss.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Maybe said driver should of stopped and taken some break. Sorry couldn't resist. lol

I know we are pushed hard and no they don't care so really it all comes down to each individual taking care of themselves.

clarnzz

Maybe said driver should of stopped and taken some break. Sorry couldn't resist. lol

I know we are pushed hard and no they don't care so really it all comes down to each individual taking care of themselves.

I heard he had a bratwurst for lunch and that was the cause. I'm not placing blame on the center manager for the heat related illness, I'm just saying having a 10 year old girl say she hated you had to have a little effect not that he can change anything except have a little more respect for what we do. :)

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Part off the problem belongs on the driver for not having the balls to stop working and take break to cool off. I have done this before, when I feel the heat getting to me I will stop working. drink some water and find some shady or AC. Also notify the center if its going to be a paid break that you dont feel well and need to stop working and find some AC.

clarnzz

Part off the problem belongs on the driver for not having the balls to stop working and take break to cool off. I have done this before, when I feel the heat getting to me I will stop working. drink some water and find some shady or AC. Also notify the center if its going to be a paid break that you dont feel well and need to stop working and find some AC.

Is kinda off-topic but I agree, don't push urself to that point, it's our responsibility to make good decisions. I just don't see how having a 10 year old with her daddy hooked up to IV's and what not tellling even the most heartless center manager's she hated him not make a rustle deep down.

Does ur center manager have a soul?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
clarnzz; said:
Is kinda off-topic but I agree, don't push urself to that point, it's our responsibility to make good decisions. I just don't see how having a 10 year old with her daddy hooked up to IV's and what not tellling even the most heartless center manager's she hated him not make a rustle deep down.
Why would the center manager care what some 10 year old said. The mom and dad have obviously done a good amount of bad mouthing that's why the kid said they hate him. Unfortunately all center manager have souls. I'm sure corporate would rather they behave as drones that take orders.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you heard the conference calls a center manager has to endure, you'd seem pretty soulless too

shame on that driver's family for misplacing the blame

rocket man

you helped him get sick by you taking your one minute lunch all the extra stops put on him and others in your (integrity ridden center) . your center manager has the soul the ones who skip lunch dont . you should get off this site you make me sick

over9five

Staff member
Yikes, I think the parents are idiots for bringing their 10 year old child into this. The driver should have "manned up" just a little....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think you missed with this angle Clarence.
Everybody seems to think that the individual is responsible as stated by:
Maybe said driver should of stopped and taken some break. ... really it all comes down to each individual taking care of themselves.

Same way with management working 14 - 16 hour days and not getting enough sleep ... it's a slow killer.

clarnzz

if you heard the conference calls a center manager has to endure, you'd seem pretty soulless too

shame on that driver's family for misplacing the blame

I agree, my post was tounge in cheek. The driver said it was his fault, his dispatch was pretty big that day and he was pushing it harder than he should of trying to get done. I don't blame our center manager for him getting sick, my days of blaming overdispatching for accidents and injuries has passed, the ball is in our court.

My center manager is a pretty good guy for the most part, I wouldn't want his job, I couldn't do his job.

clarnzz

I think you missed with this angle Clarence.
Everybody seems to think that the individual is responsible as stated by:

Same way with management working 14 - 16 hour days and not getting enough sleep ... it's a slow killer.

I agree, during peek I would see my center manager looking wiped when I would come in around 8:00 and would ask when he came in, usually it would be around 4 AM.

Id tell him, "go home, you need to get some sleep!"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you seriously implying that someone should be bothered by a strange child's hatred towards them?

This reminds of the scene from Jerry Maguire where the lineman, who had just suffered yet another concussion, his wife, son and agent (JM) are in the hospital. JM is trying to get the lineman cleared to play so that he can collect his signing bonus and JM can collect his commission. The son summed up his feelings about the agent quite nicely and, yes, it did have an affect on the agent.

I would think that having a driver's child tell you that they hate you would have an affect on any supervisor.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This reminds of the scene from Jerry Maguire where the lineman, who had just suffered yet another concussion, his wife, son and agent (JM) are in the hospital. JM is trying to get the lineman cleared to play so that he can collect his signing bonus and JM can collect his commission. The son summed up his feelings about the agent quite nicely and, yes, it did have an affect on the agent.

I would think that having a driver's child tell you that they hate you would have an affect on any supervisor.

Supervisor - maybe
Center Manager - ???