Do center manager's have a soul?

upsman68

You are assuming facts not in evidence. Are you sure they are referring to the Chicago Blackhawks? Read the script a little more closely---"And I gotta play this weekend, Doc"---Steve Remo is a football player.

Read the first line Hockey Player Steve Remo. " Hockey Player STEVE REMO, 33, is a big man in a small bed."

The movie used real teams aka Cardinals which is the team Rod Tidwell played for. He was an agent for all athletes not just football players. Also I think they play hockey games on the weekend.

Maybe we should ask others on this forum who is wrong and who is right.

upsman68

They play NHL on the weekends also. All the major sports teams in the movie are actual sports teams. Cuba Gooding Jr's character plays for the Arizona Cardinals. SO Blackhawks is the NHL Chicago team.

Thanks Heff. Upstate "Show me the money"

Y'all have a great weekend

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A 10 yr old child should not know the strife of his parent. I kept it away from mine. Im the adult, Im the parent, you are the child. I bring home money, I take care of you. The strife it causes should not be put on the child. Or for Gods sake they turn into a democrat.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
that kid should have a freaking job and pulling there own weight not relaxing in a a/c'd hospital room....kids these days

Indecisi0n

Sometimes, things are better left unsaid.

And don't be careless with "care less".

I normal agree but if I told you some stories your mouth would drop to the floor. People say don't stoop to his level but I will on this guy. It was a very difficult time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I normal agree but if I told you some stories your mouth would drop to the floor. People say don't stoop to his level but I will on this guy. It was a very difficult time.
If he treated you as badly as you say at work I can guarantee you he is treating someone worse closer to him. Don't feel anger for this person, feel pity for his miserable life he share with others.

Indecisi0n

If he treated you as badly as you say at work I can guarantee you he is treating someone worse closer to him. Don't feel anger for this person, feel pity for his miserable life he share with others.

I have thought about that myself. The "old timers" told me he is single and with no friends, no kids and will most likely die alone. He even has issues with his family members. I just can't comprehend how a human can treat others the way he did.

Limper

Out For Delivery
Don't put too much stock in the power of a center manager. They no longer determine trip levels. They shuffle paperwork from pile A to pile B.

Overpaid Union Thug

In general I don't think UPS upper management has a soul. Not saying each and everyone one of them. But there are enough of them out there to warrant the broad generalization. The reason I say that is simple. I've overheard plenty of conference calls over the years. Im sure plenty of others on this board have too. The upper management really puts a ton of pressure on our CMs and the crap rolls down hill from there. Why wouldnt it when you have division managers calling their underlings m...er friend....ers for not meeting stops per car???.?

The driver should have taken the time to cool off. That is definitely true. But that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of heartless supervisors out there that push drivers to the point that they stop taking care of themselves. Maybe upper management should wake up and consider the heat. That would help. Damn stops per car.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In general I don't think UPS upper management has a soul. Not saying each and everyone one of them. But there are enough of them out there to warrant the broad generalization. The reason I say that is simple. I've overheard plenty of conference calls over the years. Im sure plenty of others on this board have too. The upper management really puts a ton of pressure on our CMs and the crap rolls down hill from there. Why wouldnt it when you have division managers calling their underlings m...er friend....ers for not meeting stops per car???.?

The driver should have taken the time to cool off. That is definitely true. But that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of heartless supervisors out there that push drivers to the point that they stop taking care of themselves. Maybe upper management should wake up and consider the heat. That would help. Damn stops per car.

It is always up to the individual to do what's right.