Do Drivers Use GPS?

UPyourS

Buy yourself a book map and learn how to use it. After almost 20 years driving I still have one on me just in case.

I will use Google maps on my phone if I'm going deep in the woods looking for a particular house and don't want to knock on every door finding it. But if you use your phone or a GPS all day, it will die before days end. Once you use a book map for a week, you'll know you're way around area mostly anyway. It doesn't take long. I find it takes longer if you use a crutch like GPS rather than forcing yourself to remember where to go.

Here, I did the hard work for you:
https://www.kappamapgroup.com/pc-13659-661-las-vegas-henderson-nv-street-atlas.aspx
Thanks for the info.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
@Big Arrow Down…D's map has the center, the loading dock at his one building and the lobby of his one building (plus wherever the doorman hangs out).

It's really pretty simple. Plus, if he gets lost, he can always send his shadow out for help.

These threads just crack me up.

The last time I needed maps for a route, I used Tiger maps online and printed what I needed. Then, two or three days later when I no longer need them, I threw them away.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for the info.
A laminated map of your area is really good for a rookie. Depends on the area also but when I used to run a lot of rural I could take 10 minutes at the start of my day and make a mark with a dry erase marker for every stop. Then just play connect the dots

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I help mentor new drivers and the biggest problem they have is trying to find addresses with their GPS instead of using a map. They simply do not learn the area quickly, with a map you learn how to visualize how the streets relate to each other. Plus you lose time typing in addresses. A GPS might come in handy every great once in a while to find a hard to find address or run a missort, that's about it.

PT Car Washer

I help mentor new drivers and the biggest problem they have is trying to find addresses with their GPS instead of using a map. They simply do not learn the area quickly, with a map you learn how to visualize how the streets relate to each other. Plus you lose time typing in addresses. A GPS might come in handy every great once in a while to find a hard to find an address or run a missort, that's about it.
100% agree.

UPyourS

A laminated map of your area is really good for a rookie. Depends on the area also but when I used to run a lot of rural I could take 10 minutes at the start of my day and make a mark with a dry erase marker for every stop. Then just play connect the dots
That's smart.

UPyourS

I help mentor new drivers and the biggest problem they have is trying to find addresses with their GPS instead of using a map. They simply do not learn the area quickly, with a map you learn how to visualize how the streets relate to each other. Plus you lose time typing in addresses. A GPS might come in handy every great once in a while to find a hard to find address or run a missort, that's about it.
Sounds good. Thats what I'll do then, study the map. Thanks