Do Feeders Not Have Same Rules As Package

root

Calm down, i'll handle it
I never said I didn't want to have a jump on the road/terrain in front of me, BUT I have had many years of the Smith system and know how to 'Aim high in steering' and surely ( as much as possible) 'Leave myself an out' and really never fully trusts what a gps says as opposed to my own eyes which I trust WAY MORE than what gps can tell you.

Johney

Ya, Im sure you feel alot safer in the blind in heavy fog not knowing which way the road is going to bend or turn. Having a jump on the road/terrain in dense fog I guess, in your opinion wouldnt be of any help to a driver.

The whole point of our jobs is to eliminate risk or manage risk.

By knowing the curvature of the road ahead in dense fog reduces the "stress" of that aspect of driving in fog. By eliminating one element of stress while driving through heavy fog, a driver has more time to concentrate on other hazards involved in Dense fog.

Those of us who have actually driven a tractor in heavy fog understand what I am talking about. Those of you just trying to chime in without the hours behind the wheel in dense fog just want to weigh in on something you dont truly understand.

TOS.
I know you think you know everything about everything dude, but you really don't.

rootbeerman

I tend to run a combo of GPS and Waze on my phone. Waze allows user submitted warnings about construction, traffic, hazards like cars stopped on the shoulder, and police. I mainly listen for the warnings on my Bluetooth.

MaceFremonti

Ya, Im sure you feel alot safer in the blind in heavy fog not knowing which way the road is going to bend or turn. Having a jump on the road/terrain in dense fog I guess, in your opinion wouldnt be of any help to a driver.

The whole point of our jobs is to eliminate risk or manage risk.

By knowing the curvature of the road ahead in dense fog reduces the "stress" of that aspect of driving in fog. By eliminating one element of stress while driving through heavy fog, a driver has more time to concentrate on other hazards involved in Dense fog.

Those of us who have actually driven a tractor in heavy fog understand what I am talking about. Those of you just trying to chime in without the hours behind the wheel in dense fog just want to weigh in on something you dont truly understand.

TOS.

Last winter I had the pleasure of encountering ice fog everyday. As a rookie Feeder driver nothing in package ever came close to this.

raceanoncr

TOS.

OMG!!!! Years and Years of experience talking here. We are SO humbled.

govols019

You smell that?
I tend to run a combo of GPS and Waze on my phone. Waze allows user submitted warnings about construction, traffic, hazards like cars stopped on the shoulder, and police. I mainly listen for the warnings on my Bluetooth.

I like Waze for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I like Waze too. Since it's socially activated, it almost always has police traps, accidents, even potholes. Much better than GPS, IMO.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I never said I didn't want to have a jump on the road/terrain in front of me, BUT I have had many years of the Smith system and know how to 'Aim high in steering' and surely ( as much as possible) 'Leave myself an out' and really never fully trusts what a gps says as opposed to my own eyes which I trust WAY MORE than what gps can tell you.

YEAH, that really works in dense fog thick enough to prevent you from seeing the lanes, the road, the hood, the shoulder, overpasses, offramps... I guess you would aim high in steering into the abyss of grey soup until you hit something.

Many drivers follow the FOG LINE at the right hand side of the road when they cant see through dense fog. Unfortunately, that line breaks to the right when an offramp approaches and drivers transfixed onto the fog line for directional help simply drive right off the road and either crash or end up at a speed too fast for an off ramp.

fog_generic_1012.jpg
dense-fog-on-the-road.jpg

Aiming high in steering wont help you in white out conditions either.

TOS.