Do I get my birthday and the day after OFF?

nomar247

My birthday is Monday, December 20. And I was under the impression that I would be getting my birthday and the day after off.

The thing is, my probation ends on December 27. Am I not qualified for having those days off because I have not yet passed my probation period?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My birthday is Monday, December 20. And I was under the impression that I would be getting my birthday and the day after off.

The thing is, my probation ends on December 27. Am I not qualified for having those days off because I have not yet passed my probation period?

You are not qualified to have those days off as they will be two of the busiest 5 days of the year.

Birthday and the day after off? Must be a Generation Me thing.

satellitedriver

In my 24yrs, the only time I had my birthday off was when it fell on a weekend, or in a vacation week I had scheduled.
Granted, I was hired when we still used wet clay tablets and used sticks to impress the shipper numbers in cuneiform, so my info might be dated.
Way back then, not one minute counted to full hire after the cutoff date for seasonal hire.
Buy yourself a birthday gift with the money you earn on Dec. 20.

satellitedriver

cuneiform..... is one of the earliest known forms of written expression.
How did you find my delivery notice from the pre-computer days.
More, you are a witchy woman.
The delivery notice translates as;
Hi,
Your Bow Flex and the 7 50lb boxes of Encyclopedia Britannica, that needed a signature for delivery,
has been left with your neighbor who lives at the bottom of the hill.

In my 24yrs, the only time I had my birthday off was when it fell on a weekend, or in a vacation week I had scheduled.
Granted, I was hired when we still used wet clay tablets and used sticks to impress the shipper numbers in cuneiform, so my info might be dated.
Way back then, not one minute counted to full hire after the cutoff date for seasonal hire.
Buy yourself a birthday gift with the money you earn on Dec. 20.

You kids and your new fangled inventions. In my day we painted pictures of the package on the wall of the cave in berry juice and we liked it!