do I have to help?

kingOFchester

I bet I've spent more time in the can dominating a deuce on the clock than this guy has driving.

This was more of an inside joke. We have a guy who is the self proclaimed dominator. Ran 400+ clicks under last week. I :censored2: you not. 400 clicks under. He will never make it to retirement.

Nickfury7

Yes I understand I will slow down, but I will always be able to get my own route done myself, without no help. When I'm helping the same people every week, and there on different routes everyday, they just suck and there slow. But you.guys say what you want, ill be fine. I.enjoy the job, only thing I dislike is having to help 1-2 drivers a nite.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes I understand I will slow down, but I will always be able to get my own route done myself, without no help. When I'm helping the same people every week, and there on different routes everyday, they just suck and there slow. But you.guys say what you want, ill be fine. I.enjoy the job, only thing I dislike is having to help 1-2 drivers a nite.

Listen I know u don't understand and your center may have a decent dispatch but when u go out with 300+ stops in a p57 u won't get it done. This happened to one of our all star drivers earlier this year. Had other drivers take 100 stops off him and I think he still worked 11-12. Why because until afternoon the bulkhead wouldn't open and he went to the back door grabbed a package and said ok this is my next stop. This is only one of the possibly hundreds of situations that could cause u to need help. Eventually you'll run into one.

Brownslave688

Oh also I know drivers that ten years were knocking out 200 a day easy and now struggle with 70-80. Why because their knees or backs are so bad it honestly looks painful for them to move. This is what I'm trying to prevent from happening to my body.

Nickfury7

But I am talking about peak right now. If everyone could just hold there own weight , everything would go smooth. But guys that are going out with 180 stops and u can walk through the truck, there still needing help at 5 saying they have 100 stops left???

But I am talking about peak right now. If everyone could just hold there own weight , everything would go smooth. But guys that are going out with 180 stops and u can walk through the truck, there still needing help at 5 saying they have 100 stops left???
Just relax and when you are done early you can go help them. I still can't figure out by the always ask you. Don't they know you are like the best worker and these other guys aren't. Oh wait thats it you are a runner so you can help all the guys who work by the methods garbage. I hope they are saving you all the crap stops. I know I would.

Last edited:

Nickfury7

Na, I don't let them old slugs give me crappy streets. If they want to go slow and suck at thete job, that's on them. I get my job done. And I do it with an hour lunch. And u keep going at bat for them slow drivers shop Stewart.

rod

Retired 22 years

We had a couple of routes where 30 stops was a 10 hour day. You have to factor in that those routes ran 300+ miles a day over some of the crappiest roads in the state. It was like 60 miles just to get to the delivery area. Not everybody has a route that only takes in a few city blocks, a mall and a resi area.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Na, I don't let them old slugs give me crappy streets. If they want to go slow and suck at thete job, that's on them. I get my job done. And I do it with an hour lunch. And u keep going at bat for them slow drivers shop Stewart.
When you're done hating, can you get 20 off me?

OptimusPrime

I'm curious to your situation Nickfury7? (Btw, do you take the Howling Commandos out on route with you?) Swing driver? Bid guy? If you are a swing driver, it's just part of the deal. We are the grunts. It's part of the job. 99% of the time, if you wrap up early, you are going to help guys with routes.

Brownslave688

Your falling right into managements hands. They want to pit drivers against each other.

union4life

This was more of an inside joke. We have a guy who is the self proclaimed dominator. Ran 400+ clicks under last week. I :censored2: you not. 400 clicks under. He will never make it to retirement.
I love when the equation balances out. I ran 400 clicks over. I :censored2: you not. 400 over.

My center mgt. team freaked out.

Oh well, I give the same effort every day. Some days 400 over and Thursday 40 under. Weird huh? Just follow the methods, the rest will work itself out.

ymelord

Keep running and you won't have to help 1-2 drivers a night, you'll be getting dispatched with their extra work. You may not enjoy the job so much then, and maybe even suck at it.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Something that has really helped me out is the installation of motion sensor lights (AA Battery Operated) from Costco. (2 pack for $16.99.) I have 8 in my P-1000 and don't waste time with those worthless 12 volt interior lights. When you open the bulkhead door and reach in, all the lights come on and turn off when the door closes.

Being able to see and not reaching up for that damn switch is priceless.

kingOFchester

I love when the equation balances out. I ran 400 clicks over. I :censored2: you not. 400 over.

My center mgt. team freaked out.

Oh well, I give the same effort every day. Some days 400 over and Thursday 40 under. Weird huh? Just follow the methods, the rest will work itself out.

I have seen people run over and close to 400 over. But 400 under is crazy and there is no way he is following any methods,

MaceFremonti

I legitimately ran 7.75 UNDER back in '96. Downtown DC commercial route. Judiciary Square, Mayor's office, heavy security etc. An 8 hour planned day was about 70/250 delivery and 20/150 pickup. Normal delivery day but both the CWA headquarters and Teamster headquarters did a mass mailing at the same time. Close to 3000 NDAs between the two of them - ALL letters! Ended up with a 16.85 planned day.

Obviously I was called into the office the next morning. I.E., L.P., building manager, district manager were all looking into my records for that day. Eventually they conceded that - and I quote - "Guess we have to pay you."

Bonus was once a beautiful thing.