do I have to help?

Macaveli

I agree I take my lunch and do my work but so many other drivers I know if they slack help will come but when I need help I'm told "no help available,get it done!" I don't care if my truck, route is slammed Ill get it done and won't ask for help just wish others would pull their own weight

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As much as I don't like getting the message to help someone I'm comforted by the fact that I get paid $46 an hour for the privilege.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have seen people run over and close to 400 over. But 400 under is crazy and there is no way he is following any methods,

I did it for a whole week. We had an account ship out a trailer of smalls every day for a week. There were no feeders available and the center manager wanted the piece count to boost the centers numbers. We bricked out 4 p1000's. Picking up an additional 3000 pieces put me 400 under +/- 50 every day that week.

It turned out that our small sort could not handle that volume and it was sent to the hub, unsorted.

The other times I was 400ish under was when we had a fraudulent NDA shipper filling the airboxes on my route. Picking up 4-500 NDA is a huge boost to the numbers.

ymelord

Everybody telling stories of being 4 hours under just goes to show how imperfect our perfect time study can be. When I'm 4 hours over it's for reasons that have nothing to do with me, just as they are 4 hours under for reasons that have nothing to do with the way they do there job. Odds are they wasted more time those days just because they could without being on the radar.

union4life

We had a pickup that used to send out bulk smalls and there was a code that the driver used which gave him a lower allowance per piece.
There it is. The manager that wanted the volume to help his numbers was cooking his books if the "small piece" code was not entered. The other person with the 7+ hrs didn't have to worry about the code because it didn't exist in '96. (Or did it?) I don't think it did.

BCFan

Na, I don't let them old slugs give me crappy streets. If they want to go slow and suck at thete job, that's on them. I get my job done. And I do it with an hour lunch. And u keep going at bat for them slow drivers shop Stewart.
Slow drivers or SAFE drivers you wet behind the ears pup.....I hope you can make like a lot of us (33 years here). But you do make me smile because of your ignorance ......BC

kingOFchester

I did it for a whole week. We had an account ship out a trailer of smalls every day for a week. There were no feeders available and the center manager wanted the piece count to boost the centers numbers. We bricked out 4 p1000's. Picking up an additional 3000 pieces put me 400 under +/- 50 every day that week.

It turned out that our small sort could not handle that volume and it was sent to the hub, unsorted.

The other times I was 400ish under was when we had a fraudulent NDA shipper filling the airboxes on my route. Picking up 4-500 NDA is a huge boost to the numbers.

This was a split trip with zero packages picked up.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I understand where your coming from. I have to help someone everyday also, and I get dispatched with the most stops in my center. I go out with 330 and get done at 530 !nd have to go help someone that goes out with 150 with a helper, its because they want to bs around all day, and don't want to be expose that they can do that, so they will continue to send them ot with that and we will continue to have to save there asses. The older guys are set in there ways, there so use to doing 100 stops that use to be ok in 1999, but its 2012, things are changing, if u can't handle it, retire, or take a article 22 Job, and let us young "runners" handle it.

There is just no helping guys like this.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
But I am talking about peak right now. If everyone could just hold there own weight , everything would go smooth. But guys that are going out with 180 stops and u can walk through the truck, there still needing help at 5 saying they have 100 stops left???

Sounds like they're doing things just right.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yes I understand I will slow down, but I will always be able to get my own route done myself, without no help. When I'm helping the same people every week, and there on different routes everyday, they just suck and there slow. But you.guys say what you want, ill be fine. I.enjoy the job, only thing I dislike is having to help 1-2 drivers a nite.

Ahh to be young and think you know everything. I used to be one of these people during my early years playing for the opposing team. Now my body hurts and it's slow going for the first minute or two when I stand up. Also, my knee is subject to collapse at anytime from a torn cartilage and I haven't even hit 50 yet. Good luck killing yourself. Just know that in another 10 years or so, you too will be one of the older ones moving a LOT slower, working smarter, not harder.

thessalonian13

This was more of an inside joke. We have a guy who is the self proclaimed dominator. Ran 400+ clicks under last week. I :censored2: you not. 400 clicks under. He will never make it to retirement.
Last week I was 593 clicks under. I buuuuuurrrrrrnnnnnneeeeeedddd up 40 stops on my van route. I did lose some time picking up 3,000 nda letters on my last stop. he he he