Do I have to join the union in ny

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-gif.png

UPSGUY72

im a new upser in the Rochester, ny area and wondering do I have to join the union if so how long does it take to join?

YES

Also remember that without the union you wouldn't be getting paid well down the road, you'd be paying for your health insurance and you wouldn't be getting a pension even as a PT employee your entitled to a pension once your vested.

Of course if you don't want to pay monthly union dues and a onetime initiation fee go find another job that you don't need a education and in the end will be getting paid pretty good get good benny and is just impossible to get fired from unless your trying.

hyena

Yes dude I don't think you have a choice but you definitely want to join. My advice is as soon as you make book study your contract so you know your rights. I couldn't imagine not being a Teamster!

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
im a new upser in the Rochester, ny area and wondering do I have to join the union if so how long does it take to join?
Yes, you will have to join the union (or go through the steps to be an agency/service fee payer without any membership rights/privileges within the union).

You will become a member after you complete the probation period at work, and have paid the initiation fee. Union dues and the initiation fee will be deducted from your paycheck.

What will you be doing? Part time or full time?