do i need a recommendation to get hired?

OG MIKE

well i filled out 2 job applications online,one as package handler and one as drivers helper..but it wont let me fill out the real application,just the 4 or 5 question thing..its been about a month now..when i tell my buddys that i applied at ups they all said that they herd from friends that you need to know some one in ups to help you get in..didnt believe them but im starting to now..is this true?

Have you ever seen "One flew overthe cuckoos nest"?

[video=youtube;DCUmINGae44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCUmINGae44[/video]

Actually thats electro-shock therapy. Nicholson is later lobotomized at the end of the film and Chief smothers him to put him out of his misery.

As far as a recommendation, in todays UPS all you need is a pulse.

OG MIKE

HOLY CRAP! lmfao!! HAHAHA! wow thats a messed up movie lol ive never herd about this movie lol why would he agree to that..id bust a move out that mother and arm bar all those SOB lol well thanks to the guys who awnserd my question lol

HOLY CRAP! lmfao!! HAHAHA! wow thats a messed up movie lol ive never herd about this movie lol why would he agree to that..id bust a move out that mother and arm bar all those SOB lol well thanks to the guys who awnserd my question lol
This is a classic movie, rent it...
It doesn't hurt to have a friend recommend you for hiring at UPS, but hardly necessary.... Tell 'em I sent ya.

Re-Raise

well i filled out 2 job applications online,one as package handler and one as drivers helper..but it wont let me fill out the real application,just the 4 or 5 question thing..its been about a month now..when i tell my buddys that i applied at ups they all said that they herd from friends that you need to know some one in ups to help you get in..didnt believe them but im starting to now..is this true?

It would help to have someone recommend you. When I used to be on a route that had a driver's helper, HR would just ask me if I had someone in mind and they would bring them in and hire them.

It probably makes their job easier because if the driver asks for them they will probably both be more likely to make it work out.

UPSGUY72

No a recommendation isn't going to help.

They will call you when they have an opening for you to fill and tell you when you can take a tour of the facility that you would be working at after the tour they will tell you to go back online and fill out more questions.

P

pickup

This is a classic movie, rent it...
It doesn't hurt to have a friend recommend you for hiring at UPS, but hardly necessary.... Tell 'em I sent ya.

The book is slightly different and slightly better in a different way. It is told entirely from the Indian Chief's point of view.

OG MIKE

so it sounds like it would help, but i dont NEED it to get hired...well if any of you guys work in the rgv (south texas) id be willing to acomendate you :wink2: if you help me out getting hired lol