Do non-union employees get retro pay?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It's funny to see so many people calling us non unioners scabs. I do this job to help pay for college. It's nice having that extra money in my check so I can treat myself to a better meal. But hey, as long as you have someone to spit at to make yourself feel better.

Grow up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's funny to see so many people calling us non unioners scabs. I do this job to help pay for college. It's nice having that extra money in my check so I can treat myself to a better meal. But hey, as long as you have someone to spit at to make yourself feel better.

Grow up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Go work at Walmart,If you dont want to be in the union! You get the union benefits, without paying for them!...So you are a scab!...spit! spit!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Grow up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
that 'extra' money was negotiated for you BY the union,but hey as long as you can freeload go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself.

and we call freeloading people such as you SCABS because ,well you are SCABS .

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Go work at Walmart,If you dont want to be in the union! You get the union benefits, without paying for them!...So you are a scab!...spit! spit!
barney-yes.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Isn't that great Liberal college you are attending teaching you how great unions are? Workers unite bro! Join!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

Grow up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
A simple thank you would suffice. However, when the company screws you (notice I didn't say if) don't come crying here. I am not a total gung ho union guy but it bothers me that you are getting union benefits with out paying dues. I view the union as employment insurance...it keeps mgt. from firing you for no reason and it generates great benefits for my family.

beentheredonethat

I searched around a little in here and could find if non-union employees get retro pay, does anyone know?

If you got your yearly raise at the same time as the prior year, then NO, you will not get a retro check. The only reason for the retro check is that the union contract wasn't finalized timely and the union folks did not get their wage increase timely due to this. Therefore they are getting a retro check for the difference in what they were paid and what the new contract pay rate is for all hours paid. If you are classified in a non union job, then I believe your pay is merit based and you get raises at a different time of year then the teamsters.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why? Did they not work as hard as you Joe Unions?
Should someone who wants to use the treadmill at the private gym for free be able to because they run just as long as someone who pays membership there? If they want to use the treadmill, then pay the membership fee. You know if you want to workout at this gym it costs XX.xx, don't want to workout there, go somewhere else that doesn't have a fee and you can run on glass with your bare feet if you so choose.

Chemo

Grow up.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Dear Scab,
For your paid vacations, you're welcome. For your time and a half after 8 hours, you're welcome. For your health benefits that you don't pay for, you're welcome. For your pension(even though you think you'll never use it), you're welcome. For your retro pay from the newly negotiated and implemented contract, you're welcome.
Surely, we are all just a bunch of fools. Obviously, the company was just chomping at the bit to give these things away to us. We're very sorry we slowed down the process of your world domination, you arrogant, entitled, self-serving little prick.
Sincerely,
Dues paying members of your Local

Sent using BrownCafe App

Anthonysg0113

Why work at United Parcel Service and not be in a union? Either you are a sup, or you are hated by everyone else who is in the union. There are right to work states I know. But good luck winning a grievance where money is involved! Go work at Federal Express!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App