Do preloaders get in trouble for misleads?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't really care what you think at this point. As I said, if you want to ask the 3rd Brian- go ahead. Sideburns knows who is. I don't think the get along, he does know him. He's not a figment of my imagination like everything I say, apparently.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whatever--the fact remains that there is not a preloader in the company that can load nearly 3K pkgs on to 6.5 cars in 4 hours. That works out to 12.5 pkgs per minute. The math doesn't lie.

menotyou

bella amicizia
And, might I add this. You are in a unique position to actually do a very simple fact check. Yet, instead, you chose to say I am not telling the truth. That speaks volumes.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If it happens anywhere, it happens in Menotyou's building. My loader loads 3 trucks and I haven't worked past 5:50 yet this week. It is Friday though, so that could change.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whatever--the fact remains that there is not a preloader in the company that can load nearly 3K pkgs on to 6.5 cars in 4 hours. That works out to 12.5 pkgs per minute. The math doesn't lie.

12.5 per minute is easy if you never set foot in the package car and just fling everything towards the general area of whatever shelf the PAL label says to put it on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
12.5 per minute is easy if you never set foot in the package car and just fling everything towards the general area of whatever shelf the PAL label says to put it on.
I can tell you have seen the mall truck when Josh is done! All kidding aside, that is what I was told by the trustee of our local who happens to be a driver that was on the other side of the 6.5 that Katie had to load. I am not saying they didn't receive help, but it was the set-up that morning. And as a former preloader who worked with the current sups, I am not surprised. One girl smaller than me moved up to metro. She had to have her wrists rebuilt. Her last day before she went out on comp, she was at the head of the belt with 6 trucks. The first one was a special for buy-you shoes. 86 boxes bigger than she was weighing '68' lbs( yeah, right!) each. There were 86 pcs. We didn't have a a splitter that day, either.The first truck on the other side of the belt was equal with her 4th truck because of the DA area. So, the guy(6'2 and 220, 4 trucks) couldnt help much splitting. That is our management team. But, I'm sure Upstate will say I'm BS'ing on that, too.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Denise was a different person. You really are something. Unlike anyone else on this website, you have the ability to ask YOUR OWN reps. Yet, you choose this path.

soberups

This over 70 lb irreg got heaved into my car after preload had already "wrapped" up. It was on top of a pile of random residential stops that were flung in there by some poor kid who was frantically running up and down the belt trying to "get the belt clean" while a sup hollered at him to hurry up and get off of the clock.

The box looked like we had thrown it off of the roof and used it for target practice on the way down. Words cannot describe the joy I felt at the prospect of hauling this mangled thing into a customers place of business and asking him to sign for it. And as an added bonus...I got to spend the first 4 hours of my day crawling over and around this thing until I had room to drag it out of the aisle and under a shelf.

I guess I should quit complaining and focus on the positives here. We got the preloader off of the clock; we got the belt clean; and we cut out enough routes to look good on the report and maintain the illusion of a functioning center.
bad load 7-27.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The very first thing I would have done when I got on the belt and saw that pkg was to take it right back out and send it down for a re-wrap. There is no way that the consignee would have seen that pkg nor would I have attempted delivery.

old levi's

blank space
Would have brought it back to the center that night. Inspect for damage and rebox. That pkg. could be the poster child for those images that some customers post online and cry out " Look what UPS did to my package".

Indecisi0n

I have delivered some banged up packages before but that is ridiculous. If that was my customer he would have never saw that (from me at least).

Boxline loader

The very first thing I would have done when I got on the belt and saw that pkg was to take it right back out and send it down for a re-wrap. There is no way that the consignee would have seen that pkg nor would I have attempted delivery.

I am a loader,been doing it for 2 years now and there is no way i would have even thought about loading that package.

soberups

I have delivered some banged up packages before but that is ridiculous. If that was my customer he would have never saw that (from me at least).

I sheeted the package as "missed" and brought it back that night for rewrap. I never intended to deliver it in that condition; the frustrating part for me was having to deal with it and work around it all morning. The car was too full for me to get to it before I left, so I had no choice but to lug it around and fight with it until I had room under a shelf.

Indecisi0n

I sheeted the package as "missed" and brought it back that night for rewrap. I never intended to deliver it in that condition; the frustrating part for me was having to deal with it and work around it all morning. The car was too full for me to get to it before I left, so I had no choice but to lug it around and fight with it until I had room under a shelf.

That sucks. We are told never to sheet them as missed but to sheet them as refused / didn't want. Then we give them back to be inspected.

W

westsideworma

These add/cuts that don't find their proper cars should absolutely be on the loader. If the shelves were loaded even remotely adequate, these packages can be found and routed to right car. Smalls that are assigned a 8500 or above HIN that are so carelessly thrown onto shelf they are now in the 4700 area. It seems the only time my loader does the right thing by covering an 8000 sec irreg with a RDL or FL4, the pkg should have been moved. Otherwise I'm sliding it around for an hour or 2.

As for out of syncs or flips, the loaders are instructed to check every 10 packages for PAL/ address label match. So my truck with an avg of 250 pieces should have 25 packages checked. I can see how this can easily become 10 or lower.

To answer the OP's question, the loader does not get in trouble for misloads(off routes), once it's on the truck it is now the driver's problem.

You do realize that many add/cuts these days are done after these cars are blown out (8am) and often are not even given to the preloader when done at that time. If I was still a preloader there is no way in hell I'm taking responsibility for a couple 10 piece add/cuts that I was not given adequate time to look for. Usually it's fine tuning by an on-car or center manager to hit stops per car or put more work on a run and gunner. The area I used to supervise got so many add/cuts it was ridiculous and most were late in the shift (my current area is much better). I agree though if the load was evenly distributed it would make things a lot easier but it just isn't and never has been.

Also for all you who think out of syncs and flips are the preloaders' fault, wait until you switch to the ink labels. All that is on the label is your car number and the HIN no address to compare it to (plus its in an "easy to read" magenta colored ink). There is NO way the preloader is going to know its wrong unless you only do Phoenix and the box says Glendale. If it is the same town but not an area you do, there is no way the preloader can figure it that out with these labels. If it's the sticker labels I could see that as the full address is displayed, but what about the SPA people? Shouldn't they be held accountable as well? They are the ones that actually caused the problem.

menotyou

bella amicizia
As a former preloader, I know that most times at our center add/cuts are done about 10 minutes before thedrivers hit the belt. 2 preloaders are kept to do them for everyone. And, the 2 picked are picked because they are fast, not because they are accurate. I've seen the center manager toss stuff from rewrap into trucks to get it out of the building. Unless you see who does it with your own eyes, don't blame the loader.As for SPA not being held responsible for out of syncs, it's bullcrap!!!