Do Seasonal Driver Helpers get drug tested?

Rainman

Its all good.
Brown truck drivers don't even get tested lol all my drivers smoked weed so no, no one cares about helpers as long as you're not retarded and deliver to the wrong address.
I had a friend of mine who drove for 20 years get fired. He had alcohol on his breath, when tested had weed on his system also, never got his job back.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I've applied for a seasonal driver helper position. Is there a drug screening? If so, does it happen at the initial interview?

Drug test no. A background check is initiated at the interview though. The guy that does the interview in my area tells that he is initiating a background check right then and there.

Dr.Brownz

It is all done electronically now. After the first meeting and you have to fill out the rest of your application, you pee on the keyboard to complete the test and application.

They added a full cavity search and xray too to make sure you arnt smuggling fedex packages

Wolv

Monday the police were called to my hub. Apparently someone came to work a little too high. Sounds like while UPS doesn't drug test new hires if you come to work high or drunk you're getting drug tested and arrested.

PT Car Washer

Monday the police were called to my hub. Apparently someone came to work a little too high. Sounds like while UPS doesn't drug test new hires if you come to work high or drunk you're getting drug tested and arrested.
Earlier this year we had a guy come into work falling down drunk. Made him wait for a nurse to show up and take a blood sample. No police were called. Same thing with a PT sup except UPS just fired her and gave her a ride home. Never saw either one again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Monday the police were called to my hub. Apparently someone came to work a little too high. Sounds like while UPS doesn't drug test new hires if you come to work high or drunk you may get drug tested and arrested.

Years ago we had a driver show up to work still drunk from the night before. They sent him home, he came in the next day and it was like nothing had happened.

Do that today......

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Years ago we had a driver show up to work still drunk from the night before. They sent him home, he came in the next day and it was like nothing had happened.

Do that today......

Sounds like a place I worked at many years ago. Someone came to work drunk. We worked in a warehouse. Anyway management located him and sent him home. The next day it was like nothing had happened the day before.

Gear

Parts on Order
If UPS drug tested, every hub would have help wanted signs hanging up. Im under the impression that only CDL holders are the only ones who get random testing. Which is because of DOT. And anyone who wrecks a vehicle. Its funny reading all the drug shots aimed at seasonal workers. Because everyone else is so squeaky clean. I didnt have a pre employment drug test, which I was amazed at.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
actually years ago they did drug test part timers but they gave up , i.e. surrendered , when they could not keep a full roster.

it was a real shame because it just goes to show that this country is going down the tubes.

PT Car Washer

actually years ago they did drug test part timers but they gave up , i.e. surrendered , when they could not keep a full roster.

it was a real shame because it just goes to show that this country is going down the tubes.
I have 38 years in and I don't remember anyone being random drug tested. Only a few for probable cause. I think it says more about the kind of workers cheap wages give you.

Holydriver

I have 38 years in and I don't remember anyone being random drug tested. Only a few for probable cause. I think it says more about the kind of workers cheap wages give you.
A lot of people work hard and do well at their jobs and still enjoy a little smoke from time to time. I'd rather employ a pot head than a drunk personally

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They never drug tested PTers. As usual she is full of crap.