Do the job

leastbest

LeastBest
how does one do the job?

ONE STOP AT A TIME

Yep, I pull up to my first stop, EDD says I have six packages, can only find five. Ok, go to the next stop and have three packages but can only find two. Deliver them and know that I'll be coming back in six hours to deliver the rest. PAS has destroyed any and all efficiency. Everything is crammed into a section because you can't have custom loads. If I have ten heavy large packages they go on the top shelf. Then they will put the small ones on the floor. Once that is full they could be anywhere.

One stop (done more than once) at a time.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Yep, I pull up to my first stop, EDD says I have six packages, can only find five. Ok, go to the next stop and have three packages but can only find two. Deliver them and know that I'll be coming back in six hours to deliver the rest. PAS has destroyed any and all efficiency. Everything is crammed into a section because you can't have custom loads. If I have ten heavy large packages they go on the top shelf. Then they will put the small ones on the floor. Once that is full they could be anywhere.

One stop (done more than once) at a time.

There is a space in diad to report your load, im sure you know this just in case you dont i mention it.

I am lucky enough to have a great loader i feel for you a bad load does make for a long day i would sort as soon as possible if you are over because you have to sort longer than normal i would hope your management team would solve the problem

upsman29

From my experience most "service providers" try to do the best job possible... You have a few who noone wants in their loop because we know our workloads will increase... If you just go out follow the methods, do as instructed but most important take your lunch in the middle of the day that will work itself out... The worst thing you could ever do for yourself is skip a lunch because they ( managment ) put to many business stops on you and you cant finish them with taking your lunch... We are required to take the lunch, it recharges your body lets your mind concentrate on something other than the overloaded day we still have ahead of us... Doing the job starts much earlier than drivers start time, it begins with planning by managment which very rarely happens then the preload should provide us with a good load which as in the planning rarely happens either... If the weight of UPS's future falls in the hands of the drivers, this company will last forever because those are the very people who care the most about providing the best service and doing the job...

InTheRed

PAS has destroyed any and all efficiency. Everything is crammed into a section because you can't have custom loads. If I have ten heavy large packages they go on the top shelf. Then they will put the small ones on the floor.

That is the preloader's inability to think on the fly. You should get in his or her face (nicely) and tell him or her (nicely) how the heavy packages need to go on the floor and the light ones on the shelf. It will make their job and your job easier and less likely for either of you to be injured. I've done it with my preloaders in the past and it usually ends up positively. Of course, whenever you have a safety breakfast bringing them a bagel from it helps as well.