Do they issue a belt with your uniform?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by uber, Oct 23, 2012.

1. uber

uber Guest

Or should I bring one with me?

2. undies

undies Active Member

I got my uniform after passing the driving class, there was a belt included. Not sure if they still do that. Take your own, just in case.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

There is suppose to be a belt included. There are normally lots of extra belts so don't worry about that.

4. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

Why don't you ask the peple who gave you your uniforms?

5. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

No belt or socks for me.
    Does anybody know I can get the socks? Lol

6. rod

rod retired and happy

The old style UPS belts had a big square buckle that worked great for opening beer bottles.

7. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Did Klein teach you that one?

8. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

Better off going to Walmart to pick up a cheap durable belt, the belt given with the uniform is junk

9. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Belt yes, socks no..................lol

10. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Carhart makes good heavy duty belts...

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Belt, yes. Socks and boots, no.

12. rod

rod retired and happy

strictly after hours-----no on the job drinking for me----although I will admit there were a few times I might of had some left in me from the night before.

13. rod

rod retired and happy

Say it isn't so. UPS always, if nothing else, issued a high quaility leather belt. In fact right before I retired I got 2 new ones to use after I left because as you all know------------------------------------------------------I just can't move on. Hey upstate----I'm wearing one right now.

14. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

They issue a belt...but only to supervisors to jockey you with and work ya harder. :funny:

15. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

How would I be better off going and spending MY money on a belt when UPS will give me one whenever I ask for it?!?!!? Sure I could go buy a belt that would last me 5 years or I could get a crap load of free ones. Plus, I get about 3 years out of a belt from UPS. Good enough for me.

16. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

I would not show up without one. Yes, you are supposed to get one, but if they happen not to have them, carrying your DIAD all day is a bitch. As for the socks, I wouldn't bother. Money out of pocket, and imo, they are ugly. Prefer black on black with my shoes.

17. Scuderia

Scuderia Member

Can you modify the pants? Like add some elastic to the waistband. My sister is a great seamstress, and she can make any pair of pants look normal on the outside, but with elastic on the inside. I'm not overweight BTW, but I find elastic waistbands much more comfortable to work in.

18. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

They wouldn't last as long.
    It's always about money.
    Our comfort is secondary at best.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Just go ahead and wear brown sweat pants. They won't say anything.

20. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Make sure you don't get one of those belts from feeders they are for a minimum of a 50 waist.