Do they issue a belt with your uniform?

OptimusPrime

Can you modify the pants? Like add some elastic to the waistband. My sister is a great seamstress, and she can make any pair of pants look normal on the outside, but with elastic on the inside. I'm not overweight BTW, but I find elastic waistbands much more comfortable to work in.

Far as I know, that's fine, but you still have to wear a belt. Considered part of the uniform. Don't want some center manager breathing down your neck about small crap. Plus like I said, the belt is Batman style. Utility. It's what you put your DIAD clip, bag, holster onto.

Funny thing about dress code. Had a BS pcm a bit back. Had to do with an accident in the district. One of our OCS was laying it thick about how the accident was the drivers fault, when anyone with a right mind would not see it that way. Had a driver speak up and call him out. His response was "How about we talk about how your shirt isn't tucked in?". Don't let them get the easy cheap shots. And btw, regardless of advice here, don't wear tennis shoes unless you make seniority. Just not worth the grief.