Do they think im some kinda machine? cant make them happy.

JohnnyBoy12

I just got my 30 days several days ago. I've been on this one belt for a month and got to know everyone and made some friends.

I was doing great averaging right around 300-330 an hour. not too bad. part time sup was pissed they were moving me. Now they are sending me to another belt this month. (its a Smaller belt.) There are just 2 loaders. Me and someone who they have somewhere else half the time. It sucks because there is no one to talk to and it makes the job even worse. Full time sup said if I can get #1 loader he would get me something special. :/ Said he moved me here to see how well i can do. The part time sup said he thinks they moved me cause the other guy wasn't doing good enough.

They got pissed at me having 300 the first hour. Told me to go faster. Full time sup said yeah when I was loading i would get 2500-2800 packages a night. Said the work sucked but it was worth it because of the praise you get. again :/ Got 2000 scans tonight. I don't think I can keep up doing this. I would like to be moved back to where i was. I liked the sup and all the people on that belt.

They should really put more people on the belt, and even the workload some. Can they fire me for not going fast enough, and slowing down and only getting around 300 an hour to where i'm not killing myself?

Thanks for any advice.

TheFigurehead

Full time sup said if I can get #1 loader he would get me something special. :/

Now I've heard it all.

Look... I'm not trying to discourage you, but the full time sup is simply taking advantage of your naivety, being new to UPS. I can promise you, the only reward for hard work at UPS is more work.

Work at a safe and steady pace. Trust me when I tell you that you could move boxes faster than anyone in the history of UPS, and they will still demand more. It's never enough. It never gets better. Grow a thick skin, quick.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
with the job you have at UPS,,they put you where they want to,you have no choice in the matter !!
You have only been here a month, its too early to start whining !! suck it up, put your big boy pants on!
sorry,there are no trophies given out at this fine establishment !!!

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Now I've heard it all.

Look... I'm not trying to discourage you, but the full time sup is simply taking advantage of your naivety, being new to UPS. I can promise you, the only reward for hard work at UPS is more work.
Typically, yes. But my FT sup buys guys pizza and sandwiches for catching mis-labelled smalls bags or having the best load quality on the belt. I can't imagine a FT sup going much further than that though.

My advice to you, JohnnyBoy. Is slow down to the 300-330 rate you were comfortable at. They can't fire you based on speed. The contract only stipulates that you work to the best of your abilities. Furthermore, if I heard much more about speed I'd be warning them about harassment. You're being intimidated because you're new and they assume that you don't know anything about the contract. Demonstrate that you do and they should leave you alone. If the union just gave a 30 minute run-down of the contract to new-hires, this sort of thing wouldn't happen. "Hi, I'm your steward. This is my phone number. Here's what you need to know." Even a handout would help.

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Work at a pace you feel comfortable. Some days it will be higher while other days it will be lower. The best way to survive big brown is to fly under the radar. If you cop an attitude they will beat you down. If you meekly submit they will take advantage. Do your best and they will respect that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
1. Yes, they do think you are a machine.

2. No, you cannot make them happy.

The sooner you find a way to be at peace with these two facts, the more successful your career at UPS will be.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Said the work sucked but it was worth it because of the praise you get. .
The last time I checked..praise doesn't pay my bills. I do my job and receive a paycheck....I don't need anyone to pat me on the back and tell me what a good job I'm doing.

I did get a good laugh when my sup hung our preload communication card today (which they do maybe 3 times a year...instead of daily, like they're supposed to). I wonder if they know where they can stick their thank you...lmao.
GetInline-4.jpeg

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

The last time I checked..praise doesn't pay my bills. I do my job and receive a paycheck....I don't need anyone to pat me on the back and tell me what a good job I'm doing.
Well it's nice to hear something positive when all you hear is what you are doing wrong. Good leaders reward their employees and encourage them. Not just kick them down.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They're taking advantage of you. When I was a part timer most I ever loaded in a night was 1400 packages. Lowest was 600. Average was around 1000 in 5 hours. That's a PPH of about 200. I wasn't lazy and never stopped working. Just worked at a safe steady pace.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We do. I'm saying it isn't a bad thing if it was that way though.
No, it's not a bad thing...it's just not the way things work around here. A newbie PTer isn't going to last if he needs consistent recognition or praise for doing his job. I've grown accustom to being an overpaid POS in management's eyes...fine by me, just keep the paychecks coming.

Last edited: