Do UPS drivers get drug tested?

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Actually I was tested while in Package. I think Package CDL holders who are also Feeder qualified by the company, are subject to randoms.
yes you're right about that - if a package car driver has a CDL and is feeder qualified he would be subject to randoms. That goes for supervisors and mechanics as well. If not feeder qualified then probably not on the hit list. I know of 2 drivers that went from feeders back to packages years ago and let the CDL status of their drivers license return back to regular auto driver license so that they wouldn't be on the D.O.T. hit list . Also a big difference with a possible DUI when blowing into a breathalizer.

browniehound

After reading this I ran right over to rite aid for a pack of luckys
and some oxy. Getting the oxy was a bit more difficult than the
smokes.

See Porkwagon you just proved my point. These kids aren't getting it from a pharmacy. They get carded for cigarettes in a store and can't buy them if under 18.

Drug dealers don't card their customers. So a 16 year old can score an OC from the local drug deal much easier than he can buy a pack of smokes.

Do you think all pills are obtained by the user directly from the pharmacy? How could this be possible?

UPSNewbie

I had a "friend" who worked in the pharmacy as a cashier just so he can score the broken or throw-away pills. For some reason he can't get a good job anymore... :wink2:

brownboy707

Are randoms or after accident drug screens done at the warehouse or have you sent to a clinic/hospital to be conducted by health proffessionals? Frankly when I was working at fedex I noticed a lot of favoritism and realize your test could be tampered with by ppl wanting you gone if not done by a health proffesionals.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Are randoms or after accident drug screens done at the warehouse or have you sent to a clinic/hospital to be conducted by health proffessionals? Frankly when I was working at fedex I noticed a lot of favoritism and realize your test could be tampered with by ppl wanting you gone if not done by a health proffesionals.

After the Ryan Braun situation in MLB, it's typically general knowledge now that FedEx should never be trusted to do anything right when it comes to drug tests.

EDIT: disregard this. Dino Laurenzi, Jr. was not employed by Fedex. My bad.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If management suspects you under he influence of drugs or alcohol, a member of management will take you to a clinic approved by the company for a blood test, or whatever test they deem necessary. I guess if you refuse you will be terminated on the spot. When I was in feeders, a guy's name came up for random testing. He had been sent back to package car after peak, and claimed he wasn't required to take it since he was in package now. Wrong. He finally admitted he had been hitting the weed regularly since being sent back. He had to go thru a drug program and jump thru sufficient hoops so that the company figured he was punished enough. This was 5 or so years ago, and as far as I know, he is still there, minus the weed, that is. You just have to make a decision as to what is more important, a $100,000 a year job with all the benefits or smoking a joint whenever you want.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If management suspects you under he influence of drugs or alcohol, a member of management will take you to a clinic approved by the company for a blood test, or whatever test they deem necessary. I guess if you refuse you will be terminated on the spot. When I was in feeders, a guy's name came up for random testing. He had been sent back to package car after peak, and claimed he wasn't required to take it since he was in package now. Wrong. He finally admitted he had been hitting the weed regularly since being sent back. He had to go thru a drug program and jump thru sufficient hoops so that the company figured he was punished enough. This was 5 or so years ago, and as far as I know, he is still there, minus the weed, that is. You just have to make a decision as to what is more important, a $100,000 a year job with all the benefits or smoking a joint whenever you want.
Just curious...did he take the drug test and fail first...or admit to smoking weed to avoid taking the test?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
He admitted it before the test, I know that. He saw the writing on the wall. Not sure about taking the test afterward. I'm guessing he eventually took it and failed. The DOT usually gets their way. I was told once if your name came up to pee in a cup, there was NO getting out of it.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
About 20% of my randoms over the years, they also make you blow into a breathalyzer for BAC. You probably say no way anyone would come to work drunk, but we had a driver blow a .04 and was taken out of service. He was about to retire. He had to go thru the required consequences, came back for a short time, and retired quietly shortly afterward.

Box Ox

I tell people I don't know that ask about working for UPS that the company always tests. Don't want them behind the wheel or thinking they have my back if that'd be a problem for them.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Just curious...did he take the drug test and fail first...or admit to smoking weed to avoid taking the test?
As I'm sitting here thinking about it, it came back to me. (I guess I'm getting senile) He did take the test, and it was negative for cannabis. I guess he stalled long enough for it to drop out of his system. He did however, throw himself under the bus. Hard to un-ring that bell, lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have been randomly selected 3 times this year. Twice I went to a clinic, once met a person from the testing place at the office. He went to the can with me, I filled the bottle, signed and initialed all the paperwork and was good to go.