Do we get a severance package?

Re-Raise

What settlement? UPS was just clearing the books. I had already earned vacation and optional days and whatever else as this happened towards the end of the year. I too was very surprised at the size of the check.
So they just paid you for the time they didn't pay you for earlier in the year?

I am confused about why they wouldn't fix the mistake as soon as you weren't paid for your first day off.

You obviously still work here, so why would they pay in a lump sum for anything?

PT Car Washer

I am confused about why they wouldn't fix the mistake as soon as you weren't paid for your first day off.

You obviously still work here, so why would they pay in a lump sum for anything?
You are right. You are confused.

twoweeled

Worked Saturday Air and the sup entered my hours with the Hub when I was a Center employee. When payroll could not find me under a Hub ID they just assumed I had quit(so the story goes). Everything was fine until I did not receive paid Holiday hours and the wife and kids were being refused at Doctors visits because my insurance was no longer valid. No longer funny. It was finally straightened out after a lot of phone calls.
Well, good luck with that. In my opinion, life at UPS is a dog fight. You get what you can, because UPS is doing the same. In the end, you try to come out close to even. Fairness or the attempt for fairness, doesn't exist.
I'm sure I'll get disagreements on this, but that's my experience.
30 years ago it was different. 30 years ago, my advice would also be different!

PT Car Washer

A large part of the severance check could have been the Thrift Plan payout. $30k+ as I remember.

Re-Raise

A large part of the severance check could have been the Thrift Plan payout. $30k+ as I remember.
They cashed out your Thrift Plan because of a clerical error??? Your story about being "accidently" fired is baffling.

Were you unable to convince them you still worked there? Did you give your "many thousands" back?

PT Car Washer

They cashed out your Thrift Plan because of a clerical error??? Your story about being "accidently" fired is baffling.

Were you unable to convince them you still worked there? Did you give your "many thousands" back?
Never cashed the check. FT driver sup did all the straitening out. Never missed a paycheck other then the normal payroll adjustments. First time I noticed a problem was when I was not paid for a Holiday. Later the wife and kids were refused Doctors visits because I no longer had a job and insurance. Took about 3 or 4 months to straighten the whole mess out. The whole time I never missed a paycheck. I don't no why you doubt my situation over 20 years ago. I am sure others have had worse situations.

PT Car Washer

Wife just informed me it took 6 to 8 months to straighten out the insurance issue. It was a bigger pain for her as she handled all the insurance issues. I was happy I receive a paycheck on Friday. Never missed a payday. Why do you doubt my story? UPS never makes any mistakes.

Re-Raise

I was accidentally terminated many years ago and was cut a pretty good sized check. Many thousands of Dollars. i guess it depends on how many years you have in.
This was a thread about whether or not an employee would receive a "severance".

Your story about having your Thrift Plan cashed out, with a check you didn't even cash, doesn't really apply to his question. The Thrift Plan doesn't even exist any more.

Your story may not be a lie, but you definitely were misleading.

PT Car Washer

This was a thread about whether or not an employee would receive a "severance".

Your story about having your Thrift Plan cashed out, with a check you didn't even cash, doesn't really apply to his question. The Thrift Plan doesn't even exist any more.

Your story may not be a lie, but you definitely were misleading.
Sorry. I did not mean to be misleading. I just meant UPS has to reimburse for all unpaid wages, either vacations, sick time, or Optional days earned. I agree a two week employee would only have worked hours earned severance.

watdaflock?

I was accidentally terminated many years ago and was cut a pretty good sized check. Many thousands of Dollars. i guess it depends on how many years you have in.
Fair to say quite a difference between an employee being "accidentally terminated" and a former employee getting fired permanently.