Do we get paid...

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
When we are serving Jury Duty? Meaning does UPS pay me, for example, if I serve for a full work week, for those 5 days 8 hours a day? I have asked my sup and he says no. Other drivers say yes they do. Anyone on here know, or is it a local contractual thing that is not a national protocol? Thanks

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When we are serving Jury Duty? Meaning does UPS pay me, for example, if I serve for a full work week, for those 5 days 8 hours a day? I have asked my sup and he says no. Other drivers say yes they do. Anyone on here know, or is it a local contractual thing that is not a national protocol? Thanks
Yes. You're supposed to get paid for each day you serve. I had to go in one day a few years ago for that. I didn't get picked (can't imagine why) but before I left they signed some yellow slip that I took and I handed in at work so I could get paid for that day.

trickpony1

Before you leave the courthouse go to the clerks office and get a note, on letterhead, saying you were there that day. They are usually very helpful with that request.

It doesn't have to say you were chosen, not chosen, how long you stayed or anything else....just that you were there that day.

Keep it simple.

McGee

Oh the time I had to serve and got picked, I was told I had to turn in my check for jury duty ( sign it over to them), because they paid me my regular hourly rate.

But that was NOT UPS ( but another union co).

barnyard

KTM rider
I was on Jury duty a month ago. When I signed in, I had to check off my mileage and if I needed a note. When I left, they gave me a note with the amount of pay for that day. I turned that in the next day. My check showed jury duty pay minus the amount the county paid me.

I was at the courthouse for an hour. It was awesome.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Been there 3 times over the last 22 years, sob's wont chose me for a jury trial, and im the only person there out of 50 so that wants to be seated. Cant figure out why the dont want a fiscal conservative, social liberal teamster seated.

trickpony1

Addition:
Get a note each and every day you go to the courthouse. The clerk's office is very accustomed of jurors asking for them.

Photocopy the note and give your supervisor the photocopy.....that way nothing gets "lost" and there are no "misunderstandings".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When we are asked to report for jury duty we get paid for 8 hours whether we are there all day or home by lunch. We sign a form with the court waiving our jury duty pay from the county.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Thanks for the feedback brothers. The consensus seems to be yes we get paid 8 hours (minus what the court pays) a day served. Happy Sunday, or at least what's left of it.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Your sup needs to be fired if he is that clueless
He is actually a super nice and non jaded guy. One of the few. He actually drove for 25 years before going to the dark side. Not a big deal to me. I've gotten more questions answered by him than my steward

rod

Retired 22 years
He is actually a super nice and non jaded guy. One of the few. He actually drove for 25 years before going to the dark side. Not a big deal to me. I've gotten more questions answered by him than my steward

25 year driver who went into management--------could this be Upstate?