Do we get to grow beards in new contract?

DS

Fenderbender
We have several punjabi drivers with beards here.If its part of your religion ,you can have one.

W

wonderboy$

Take too much to heart? Maybe you did not understand my premise. Do you not agree that no one should vote on a contract without reading what you are voting on? I was simply trying to show that if this person does not know whether the contract changed for facial hair, then he could not have read the contract he was voting on. If he is not a member, then fine, ask away.

This type of question is no different than asking how much our raises are. How could anyone ask such a question and vote on this contract that is the beginning of the end ofr us as Teamsters.

All I was stating is that if this question is being asked by a voting member, then no wonder this contract passed. Hey, if he was asking a question that is in the grey area, that is, not understood, then ask away, but to ask about facial hair and any changes? This type of question by a voting member makes me sick.

Their was no response as to whether he was a member and if he voted or not.

Considering the fact that this question was originally asked one month prior to the ballots and info sheets being sent out, please educate us as to how grizzly should have known the answer to his question before he asked it?

steeltoe

Considering the fact that this question was originally asked one month prior to the ballots and info sheets being sent out, please educate us as to how grizzly should have known the answer to his question before he asked it?

Great point. Shame on me. I appoligize for jumping to conclusions.:happy2:

satellitedriver

Here's my stash...is it too big? I get hassled about it regularly.
stash.jpg
Looks alot like my stash. To address the discussion on beards, look at my profile pic.
Would you want someone looking like that coming up to your house at night?
I wouldn't.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
This is a funny topic. When I first started working in San Bruno there were several drivers that had Goatees. I questioned the Center Manager and they said that they had doctors notes as their skin is sensitive. What was ironic is that they could shave everywhere else but there goatees.

The new DM has started to take this on with the union so it will be interesting to see what happens on this. I am the type that if it is neatly trimmed daily I don't see a problem with it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Funny indeed.

On a more serious note, we had a driver named Kenny, that always wore his hat to work, and all day during work.

One day when he was off, he was at the center without hat, and the business agent thought he was a part timer. His hair, which was very curly went about 6-8 inches below the shoulder. We had a hearing a few year back, and the agreement was that as long as he was on duty, he had to wear the hat with all his mop under the hat.

But after a really hot summer a few years ago, he cut it back.

As far as a mustache, what about handlebars? The current rule is not below the corners of the mouth, but nothing is mentioned about those that go upwards above the nose;)

d

satellitedriver

Funny indeed.

On a more serious note, we had a driver named Kenny, that always wore his hat to work, and all day during work.

One day when he was off, he was at the center without hat, and the business agent thought he was a part timer. His hair, which was very curly went about 6-8 inches below the shoulder. We had a hearing a few year back, and the agreement was that as long as he was on duty, he had to wear the hat with all his mop under the hat.

But after a really hot summer a few years ago, he cut it back.

As far as a mustache, what about handlebars? The current rule is not below the corners of the mouth, but nothing is mentioned about those that go upwards above the nose;)

d
Handle bars have always freaked me out.
They look like insect antennas waving around when the person speaks.
When a good wind blows, that stash can be below the corners of the mouth, or at least one half of it.
The mental image that pops into my mind is, Snidely Whiplash grooming his handlebar after he has tied Nell to the railroad track.
snidely.jpg

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I forgot about Snidley and Nell. Alot of posters here at the cafe make me think of Dudley :peaceful: I keep telling my wife I am going to grow a beard when I retire and she says"please don't" . I probably won't because of the "salt and pepper" look. But I'm not telling her yet:wink2:

The day I retire, will be the last day I ever shave my entire face. I will keep it trimmed and neat but no more full shaving. I've been whacking hair off my face for over 40 years and I am sick and tired of it. Winter time it will be a full beard, summer will be a goatee. The Stash will always be with me.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The day I retire, will be the last day I ever shave my entire face. I will keep it trimmed and neat but no more full shaving. I've been whacking hair off my face for over 40 years and I am sick and tired of it. Winter time it will be a full beard, summer will be a goatee. The Stash will always be with me.
When you retire and start growing your beard will you send us pictures so we can see it?:picture:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
How is this for those of you that like hair. First one at thanksgiving, where I did most of the cooking, the other at christmas when we went on the cruise. The hat was for the rain that was falling pretty hard, and I had four turkeys cooking outdoors.

There, now those of you with dart boards have a new target.:happy2:

d
brown cafe.jpg
brown cafe 1.jpg

helloitsme

You could take a huge pay cut and come to Freight....No you can't grow facial hair at Freight either....Just those of us who had beards before UPS came along. Same with visable tattoos....Brown gives no love in the dirtbag department !:happy-very:

25 A

Our founding fathers had some beards.And some long hair I say give me liberty or give me death!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
How is this for those of you that like hair. First one at thanksgiving, where I did most of the cooking, the other at christmas when we went on the cruise. The hat was for the rain that was falling pretty hard, and I had four turkeys cooking outdoors.

There, now those of you with dart boards have a new target.:happy2:

d
Nice DB, I think you guys should start a thread with mustache/beard pictures. We all could pick which ones we like the best. :winks: