Do we have to get EDD?

clean hairy

Not sure if this is thread worthy but, do we have to get EDD before we leave in the morning? If we didn't would anyone notice?
If it is during Peak, and your Helper is from Preload, and his name is ED, you would want to pick him up before leaving the building!
And yes, everyone would notice ED chasing your truck if you forgot him!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Not sure if this is thread worthy but, do we have to get EDD before we leave in the morning? If we didn't would anyone notice?
tumblr_n4k3bpMDA61r5zq6ao1_250.gif

AKCoverMan

Frigid how hard is it to send EDD to driver when they are on road? Couple of times when DIAD failed I either was brought a new board (with no EDD) the other I had to go to our satellite bldg where a spare DIAD is sent every day in case one quits out there.

One time they were able to send EDD to me but it took three hours, the other time I got it pretty quick....but in seemingly random order. That was fun.

In this day and age of instant text messaging (heck I can tell instantly that the other person is merely typing a text, before it's been sent) getting EDD updated in the field should be a lot easier.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Frigid how hard is it to send EDD to driver when they are on road? Couple of times when DIAD failed I either was brought a new board (with no EDD) the other I had to go to our satellite bldg where a spare DIAD is sent every day in case one quits out there.

One time they were able to send EDD to me but it took three hours, the other time I got it pretty quick....but in seemingly random order. That was fun.

In this day and age of instant text messaging (heck I can tell instantly that the other person is merely typing a text, before it's been sent) getting EDD updated in the field should be a lot easier.
I honestly couldn't tell you. I'm a local sort sup. The only thing I deal with when it comes to that kind of stuff is making sure the plan is in for tomorrow. The only reason I know the trace stuff is because I have the pleasure of combining people's timecards. Which is a hassle in itself. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

PrimeUPS

You're talking about two different things. EDD and the Dispatch itself. The plan itself (which appears as Plan Day: 7/30/2015) is the delivery date the DIAD is working under and that is sent to the board while the DIAD is still in the dock. It's impractical to send that to a board after the driver has taken it and is in fact impossible after it's 'in use'. When that is sent, it's sent hard wired and ends in a reset. If you are logged in (or forgot to log out the night before) or the board is otherwise in use or not in the bay, this download will fail and may result in you missing add/cuts, loop changes, and pickup changes. EDD (or rather the "release of EDD") itself can be resent to the affected boards at anytime. The dispatch systems cry about manifest updates made after EDD release. If your OMS/PTPCS doesn't know how to do this, tell them to take the DMS/ORION LMS modules.