Do we need to work black friday?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Its about 90 dollars an hour probably no pickups. So your Friday check will be sweeter than usual. I think ill buy some more craft beer. Sculpin and several double iPa 4 packs and a trip to exhibit ale (growler shop)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No pickups? Which part of regular work day are you having difficulty with?
It's not going to be a "regular day"....you know damn well they will run as few routes as possible and hold back as much ground work as they can....just like Election day. They'll be overstaffed (assuming most everyone shows) and will be asking guys to stay/go home.

upsbeernut

No pickups? Which part of regular work day are you having difficulty with?
My pickups won't be open except two residential. If everyone shows they won't try and give me a list of ones I don't normally go to. I'm looking at a shorter than usual day. The ones delivering malls and outlets good luck and be careful. Traffic will be a bitch.

upsbeernut

I have a question....do seasonal drivers get double time on black friday?
I wouldn't think so since their not entitled to holiday pay or maybe they are. Good question, dont ask management they never have the right answer or the standard one I dont know. Thank god they don't wear ties circulation upstairs is important.

clean hairy

Its about 90 dollars an hour probably no pickups. So your Friday check will be sweeter than usual. I think ill buy some more craft beer. Sculpin and several double iPa 4 packs and a trip to exhibit ale (growler shop)
With some of the extra I make from that day, will buy a couple of Turkeys to take to the food pantry.
Used to tale the 1 they gave us, now I can give 2 !

upsbeernut

With some of the extra I make from that day, will buy a couple of Turkeys to take to the food pantry.
Used to tale the 1 they gave us, now I can give 2 !
I always had a great sense of honor and pride when ups gave us that turkey which I too gave it to someone that really needed it.

upsbeernut

We were told the reason why we are working is because that following Monday has always been a nightmare with each day that week getting worse. That's a bogus answer in my opinion.

Irishman Collins

my sup is telling me its mandatory and that the union signed a contract stating we must come in. I talked to my other coworker and he said that same sup told him it would be helpful if he came in(proving he was lying to me) I would probably have came in either way but its kinda annoying they lied to me saying its mandatory. Is it mandatory to come in black friday? Package handlers.
It's simply a matter of attendance, if yours is good, u have no worries. It's that simple

upsbeernut

Retract my post about the turkey donation, I didn't donate the turkey every year especially when 10 or more relatives came to visit. It is fun to fry that bird , the only way to eat it.

upsbeernut

Contract states any holiday worked is time and a half
So its $83.00 an hour roughly. Yeah , paid straight holiday on top of time and a half. What company do you know would accept to give that amount of money in this economy for services rendered.