do yall ever get

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Whenever I deliver a damage package I always blame customer packaging. I tell the customer that its the shipper needs to use a somewhat reasonable packaging to protect it while in transit. Most customers will agree to this assessment and will sign as I will note damage. But, I will not wait until they open package and do inspection. As I walk away I say, Call the 800 number and ask for a claim form....buh bye!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
you shouldn't deliver damaged packages to the customer.

I thought the procedure was to not deliver suspected damages and bring them back to the center for inspection?

Or did that change to.
i'd bring back a third of my load every day if we really did that

City Driver

i'd bring back a third of my load every day if we really did that

exactly

honestly atleast 50% of our freight is damaged in some way...alot of times its just the box/packaging.....its bound to happen when you hire people with a 4th grade education to load the trailers, and they will stack a 600lb hazmat drum on top of a 300 lb high value skid.....and they just jam as much sh** into these trailers as possible

yes its good to be efficient but theres limits...well theres not but there should be........and it only got worse since the day overnite died:dissapointed:

Ya know, you might be right. They change procedures so often I can't keep up any more, plus because of our staggered start times I haven't been to a PCM in almost two years. I just try and do the right thing by the customer.
Same here. Isn't it amazing how not attending the meaningless morning meeting can improve one's outlook on the day?

spuman

you shouldn't deliver damaged packages to the customer.

I thought the procedure was to not deliver suspected damages and bring them back to the center for inspection?

Or did that change to.

I thought they were not to be loaded. I personally let my customers know if I suspect damage, if I don't say anything 99% of the time it's in good shape.The fact that my customers TRUST me ,I believe saves me time in the long run.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
As I walk away I say, Call the 800 number and ask for a claim form....buh bye!

Reminds me when Ace Ventura delivers that damaged box in Pet Detective:

"If you'll just sign here, here and here, initial here and print your name here, we'll get the rest of the forms out to you as soon as we can."

City Driver

I really despised attending those.

It was a relief to find out when I went into feeders we do not have PCMs because of staggered start times.

im not a fan of standing around in a group and having management tell us everything we did wrong last week either.....they never have anything good to say at those meetings

filthpig

Customer can't open package until they sign for it. I don't have too much of a problem with this. I guess I have good customers on my route. The few times someone has asked , I tell them this and they accept my answer.
what he said. If they continue on, I say "I don't make the rules, I just follow them." That ends it every time.